• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Handbuilt Towed 105mm Gun

gbooth

105mm gun 005.jpg105mm gun 012.jpg105mm gun 014.jpg105mm gun 015.jpg105mm gun 016.jpg

#1 start of trails 4x6x10 #2 trailes attached mwestmules & oldshep in back ground #3 trail attached to axle with #3 from above #4 starting on parking brake #5 brake attached to trail

KsM715

Thanks gbooth, as for the original question. I used the frame and suspension under my bobbed truck and the axle got sold to a local for a hay trailer he was building.

gbooth

105mm gun 023.jpg105mm gun 034.jpg105mm gun 036.jpg105mm gun 037.jpg105mm gun 041.jpg105mm gun 043.jpg

#1 lunett installed #2 gun carriage #3 #4 #5 # 6 traversing linkage Note I worked and re worked the traversing gear several times till i finally got it to work correctly used the jack off the back of the trailer

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a great accessory build. Thank you for all of the detailed pictures.
I have always wanted to do something similar for parades. I was going to with card board tubes, epoxy and a baby seat to the side of the blast shield. That way way we could throw a helmet on my buddies toddler, strap him in and give the crowd something to ponder.

Again, it is a great build. What did you use as reference for your build. Were you part of the artillery in the service?

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awwesome build! (Where do you get the shells for it? LOL):tank: Impressive accessory!
God bless,
Tony

PS, Uhmmm, I don't think they allow full facial hair in the military anymore. :whistle:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It was really amazing watching him build this over the winter, and all of the everyday items he used to make it look real. The elevation gearing is made of Chevy fly wheel teeth and a starter drive, some of the linkage are 1/2" rachet extensions with flex sockets as joints.

This is an older picture and now there is a breech block with brass handle that opens and closes.

marchplumber some get to wear facial hair.

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just happened to catch gbooth down at the man cave today and tried to take a couple of more pictures. He is really a marvel about finding stuff to work that I would have never thunk of. The gear box for elevation is the rear end and drive shafts from a golf cart, some of the linkage are 3/8 drive extensions with swivel sockets. It was really cool stopping by as it was being built and watching it progress. Sorry for the cold war spy pictures but flash is wacko on my camera!

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks