• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HARD STARTING COLD-6.2L DIESEL - General Motors bulletin #89-329-6

Jozseph

Located the following surfing;

#89-329-6: HARD STARTING COLD-6.2L DIESEL
(INSTALL NEW REGULATOR/PUMP) - (Sep 20, 1991)
Subject: HARD STARTING COLD
Model and Year: 1982-89 ALL TRUCKS WITH 6.2L DIESEL ENGINE

"Condition:
---------- Some 1982-89 trucks with a 6.2L diesel engine may experience a cold hard starting condition. This condition may occur even though the glow plug system is operating properly.

Cause:
------ Air leaks in either the return or suction side of the fuel system. These air leaks cause loss of fuel prime in the injector pump after engine shutdown.

Correction:
----------- On the return side, a new HPCA (Housing Pressure Cold Advance) regulator valve assembly, P/N 10149645 must be installed. This valve and seal replaces the existing ball check regulator valve in the injector pump. On the suction side, install new fuel pump, P/N 25116503 which now uses a new ventless check valve to prevent fuel drain back. Both the return and suction side must be corrected at the same time. This correction is for all 1982-89 trucks except 1988/89 C/K trucks which uses an electric pump with integral check valve. We still require replacement of the HPCA valve on the Stanadyne injector pump.

Parts are expected to be available on October 21, 1991. In case of limited inventory, parts will be placed on 400 Control to waive VIP surcharges. Only verifiable emergency VIP orders will be accepted. SPO will make every effort to obtain parts. However, the part will be shipped premium transportation at dealer's expense and all other order types will be placed on backorder until the 400 control is removed."

.PDF copy of bulletin at;

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r2e8ckb0r522bt1/TSB_89-329-6_6.2L_check_valves.pdf

Regards

Joseph

welpro222

I'm buying fuel line check valves for mine. I have 3 trucks with the 6.2 and my blazer starts perfectly everytime, with a fraction of a second keyturn. But my suburban takes a tad longer for some reason. Both trucks have new injectors, injector pumps, good batteries, and very similar cylinder compression. The blazer has a racor first and stock secondary filter system and the suburban has the stock box filter system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks