• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard to find part, surge tank sight glass

RainbowDash

Hello everyone, This Montana winter has been cold on and off and it's my truck's first real winter in the north. My coolant was apparently all water and just froze over, so I got the truck running nice and hot, thawed the lines and drained it all out to replace it with actual coolant. While I was tidying up I thought I'd take my surge tank sight glass off and give it a good scrubbing as it's pretty clouded and stained orange inside. When I went to put it back on, it snapped right off in the hole. I've tried contacting a few surplus dealers and searched online but I can't seem to find one. For the moment I'm just going to use a solid bolt to seal it off but I'd like to have a sight glass.

Does anyone happen to have a spare, a place I can get a new one or maybe a truck they are parting out? Truck is an M35A3, but this may be a common part among the regular A2s or HMMWVs.

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks