• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Harris modified H-250 handsets

papakb

Does anyone on the forum know what Harris does to the H-250 to make it into their "modified" version? Is it merely removing the metal components around the PTT switch to reduce the chance of shock?

Wire Fox

Does anyone on the forum know what Harris does to the H-250 to make it into their "modified" version? Is it merely removing the metal components around the PTT switch to reduce the chance of shock?
At the very least, I know the connector is different. It has a black, more easily oriented connector, instead of the standard U-229.

I own both, so I'll see about making some comparisons.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just found one with a volume control on it.
Also...an earbud connector.

Last edited:

papakb

That connector style has been around for quite a while now so it looks like the only real difference is the bezel around the PTT switch that eliminates the metal plate and the 2 attaching screws. I love the "specially designed for use with the Falcon I, II, and III radio systems" comment.

Wire Fox

That connector style has been around for quite a while now so it looks like the only real difference is the bezel around the PTT switch that eliminates the metal plate and the 2 attaching screws. I love the "specially designed for use with the Falcon I, II, and III radio systems" comment.
Found a little more info! I've attached this Marine instruction course manual covering some radio use. In the component list of the PRC-117F, it mentions a modified H-250, which "has been manufactured to use no metallic parts to reduce the risk of electric shock." I believe in other documents it had showed that the whole Falcon II/III family used the same modified H-250, so this should then leave us our answer.View attachment B180233 - B230387 Communications Equipment Practical Application I - II.pdf

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks