• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone piped the exhaust on an 802 831 or 803 into a water drum?

ECS

Has anyone piped the exhaust on an 802 831 or 803 into a water drum?

Like a 55 gallon drum of water?

To make it quieter?

Does it work?

Is there a danger in doing this? Like water back feeding into the exhaust manifold?

Bmxenbrett

For noise I would start by removing the little chain that holds the oil fill and the D rings on the skid. There are a few unnecessary things that make noise. I also removed my mesh shield by the rad overflow. It was flipping a bit.

Reactions: ECS

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As mentioned above remove the lifting rings
The access door stays also rattle when closed.
I put small pieces of of rubber tube at the end of the tracks to apply pressure to the ends of the stays when the doors are closed to stop their rattling.

Ray70

If its not stuck down tight, remove or secure the little half ring on top of the Control panel cover as well.
Sometimes the exhaust flaps are very noisy too, especially if you have an 802 and a bunged up mounting bracket for your flap.
If your machine happens to be trailer mounted.... get out your tools, you've got a whole lot more rattly items to take off or secure!
If you're running an 802 every little loose item makes noise, on an 803 it's not quite as bad, they run WAY smoother.

Waterhouse

Thanks ! ... I didn't think of the back pressure.
I don't think back pressure is an issue with water, but I don't know that it would do much in the way of noise. In a lake or the ocean maybe, but in a 55 gallon drum, I think it would vibrate the whole drum. If the drum had an open top, I think it would splash the water out. If you had a small opening, it would be similar to a muffler.

Reactions: ECS
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks