• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hauling firewood in the 925

Triple C

Don't generally have any opportunity to haul anything in the 925, but my son had to remove three large locust trees and get them out of the way of his construction so I had the opportunity to put some weight on the truck. It sure rode and shifted better loaded than it does empty. I didn't load it, but I did strap it down before I took it home.

Attachments

BigWill1985

I primarily use my M817 for hauling firewood. It's been one heck of a great truck for that purpose. I keep the staves and canvas cover on the back, and stack wood from front to back top to bottom. It has never given me any issues at all. Always hauls whatever I need it to, and the suspension doesn't even squat an inch! I generally haul 2.5-3 tons worth of wood at a time.

~Will Courtier~

drician

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully I will be getting the M923 out this sunday to go and pick up some firewood from a friend at work. It will be the first time using the truck since I bought it. This is exciting!

Triple C

i like the black finders on the front... kinda gives it a "finder flare" look
Thanks but that was actually done to remediate some paint flaking till I can do it right. The CARC seems to flake off badly. Looks like they painted it with a broom! I would like to keep it original but I don't think the paint is going to stay on so I will probably pressure wash it and see what peels off. Depending on what it does will probably dictate if I keep it tan. Boy it's a lot of fun though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks