Headstones denote Men resting

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am almost overwhelmed with the poignant coverage and photo journalism we're seeing on this 75th Anniversary of D-Day.

I have watched several hours of remembrance coverage, and viewed many articles and photos thanks to the internet.

My sister shared this one particular meme with me, and I finally broke, my eyes continue to leak at the thought.....

IMG_6010.jpg

frank8003

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the privilege to be born and survive. My Parents friends, visited often, only spoke about the present times back then. They raised lots of kids and mostly excelled at whatever needed to be done.
I am amazed at what all those WWll people did. There was hundreds of Christmas cards back then as they all tried to sort of still stay together.
Back then there was no PSTD, if there was it was not mentioned, but the maimed and hurt where not forgotten then. I watched PSTD take a heavy toll of my parents friends and acquaintances thru the years, they knew what it was, just not the name of it. The WAR went on way after the men came home.
airborne_troop_carrier_small.gif

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks