• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater NPT pipe size for valve

TommyG45

Hey everyone,

I asked this question in a post submitted by spentshell who was installing a heater, but I think it may have been lost in all the replies and responses.

Does anyone who installed a heater know the NPT pipe thread size of the valve that hooks to the top radiator housing and WP on the lower end of the engine. It would be nice if they were the same size. Is it 3/8 NPT.. 1/2 NPT

I have the aftermarket heater shipping, it's not as neat as the stock hot water heater that mounts to the fender.

Here is a pic from the post. I am not near the truck at the moment, but hopefully the heater will arrive on Friday when I get home, and call ahead to NAPA and make sure they have what I need.

I hope it's ok to borrow pics from other posts, I appologize in advance if it's not and beg for forgiveness in advance.

Original pic supplied by spentshell

Thanks all

Tommy

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That one sticking up is in the wrong spot. It was just covered yesterday, it should be in the water pump above the alt.

TommyG45

I must have miss read that, I thought the one next to it was in the wrong spot, I will go back and revisit it. Any idea what the NPT size is?

TommyG45

Roger that, got it, here is the text from the post. Sorry for the confusion.

The hose barb on the side near the coolant temp sensor wire is correct. The other one on top is not correct. Move it to the lower pipe plug in the last picture, right above the alternator. A picture of that is here:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks