• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello everybody from Germany

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At first let me say sorry for my bad english. 30 years passed by since i left school, and the most of my school english were gone like a muscle you never need.
I have signed in as a Member for about 2 years, but i have never tried to post something because of my bad english.
Now i think learning by doing, maybe the muscle grows again.
So here i am, Stefan, 46 years old and live nearby Frankfurt Rhein-Main.
My Truck is an 86 M1008 that i use as a dailydriver.
3.jpgThis picture is while it sits at a yard by an Truck Dealer in the States.
chevy forum 2.jpgOne paintjob later in the street of my hometown.
The markings are also painted on again. I read that the 106 CAV was an important and highly decorated Regiment in WWII.
Thanks for your attention and perseverance during reading.

Last edited:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Florida, USA. You English is much better than my German. Good looking truck.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Stefan, Thank you for having the courage for building your muscle, hahaha!

I hope you post more photos of your truck and your hometown. We always like to see military trucks and where they are being used!

Cheers,
Rick

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome and there is no doubt your English is better than some of the people we deal with.

Nice looking truck.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Augusta, Georgia! It's nice to see another German steel soldier in our midst. We all like to see and hear about how old US military steel is preserved and appreciated around the world.

I lived in Mannheim for a couple of years and visited Frankfurt many times. You have a beautiful city over there.

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Augusta, Georgia! It's nice to see another German steel soldier in our midst. We all like to see and hear about how old US military steel is preserved and appreciated around the world.

I lived in Mannheim for a couple of years and visited Frankfurt many times. You have a beautiful city over there.
@ sigo, have you visited the Air Base or Sachsenhausen. lol

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Welcome from Columbus, Georgia Sir!:beer:

I spent 3 years in your beautiful country...1979-1981. Stationed in Erlangen but spent most of the time in Graff, HF, Tenneloe(SP?) or WF.
I always wanted to go back but Uncle Sam thought I should spend my time in jungles or Asian countries instead!aua

I'm sure I can say with certainty that your English is MUCH better than my German ever was!:papabear:

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
@ sigo, have you visited the Air Base or Sachsenhausen. lol
I flew into and out of Rhein-Main a few times before it closed in '05. I assume you mean Sachsenhausen museum and memorial? I didn't make it there, but I did visit Dachau. I'll never forget it.

Last edited:

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi, Welcome from Mass, I also spent a lot of time in Frankfurt! Get back there once in awhile, my wife is from Gelnhausen. Good Luck with your 1008. My Deuce is painted in 1974 7th Army Camo from my days in Gelnhausen were I was stationed.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Awesome and your English is great. I haven't used my German since 2004 and I now suck at it. I think I need to get a job in Germany for a few years to get it back.

Was in Mannheim and Friedberg.

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to everybody for your warm welcome.
A few more pics.
IMG_0352.jpgIn the first pic, in the background of my truck you can see a building complex from the US Army in Frankfurt-Rödelheim. Maybe i`m wrong, but I think it was an printing shop.

Unbenannt.jpgUnbenannt.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks