• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello everyone

w_roseberry

I guess I will start off by saying hello and what a great thing you all have going on here. I have recently become very interested in world of military vehicle's. I am looking into purchasing one of my own, but before doing so, I would like to know more about the enthusiast side of this culture. I am trying to bring my automotive knowledge a step further into a world I know nothing about. I want to say thanks, before hand for any future guidance I receive in the hopeful "SOON" purchase of an m35a2.

LanceRobson

Welcome aboard!

If you are looking for an M35A2, you live in a great area. They are auctioned in Columbus, Dayton and a couple locations in IN.

Good luck and don't wait too long.

Lance

Last edited:

davidkroberts

welcome aboard, its a great hobby and not overly expensive if you keep control of yourself and wait for good deals. The trucks are by and large meant to be serviced by hung-over 19 year old drop outs so they arent too difficult....usually.:roll:

That being said these all are maintenance intensive vehicles. Have a good set of tools some heavy duty floor jacks and a case of beer on standby constantly. Most people i know of start of with either a standard Jeep type vehicle (M38, M151 Mutt, GPW) or a M35A2. Either are easily serviced have a ton of spare parts accessable, upgrade easily, title easily usually, and are very well covered on this site.

Remeber there are no stupid questions here, only ones that were asked long before you got here so fire away.

davidkroberts

oh and before its said, what ever you buy go ahead and read the vehicles offical military manuals before using it or servicing it. It really will save you allot of heartache. Most of them are on the resources section of this site

oilcan

If you have automotive knowledge, you won't have any trouble working on a deuce. They're dirt simple, but you'll need a little more mechanical advantage. Bigger hammers, longer pry bars, that sort of thing. :wink:

Welcome to the looney bin and make sure to get that truck before Haspin!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks