• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Maine

n1dp

Our Fire Department has surplus vehicles through the US and Maine forestry services; M35 1975 and M923 late 80s 5 tons plus a 30KW genset and trailer that is keeping me busy this month. Steel soldiers has already saved the day before I joined. Great "gouge" on the boards.

Recently replaced the control module on the M923 for the low air warning system. Will be tackling ABS light soon. What a great site this is with very helpful members!

battlecat

Yup just grabbed one, or just about to grab one. Paid for but it but it needs to make the journey home to NH 186 miles on temp tags, let's hope for the best!! I found your awesome site yesterday and had to become a member thanks in advance to all the members as I'm sure i'll benefit from their knowledge I have included a photo as i'm sure you all can't get enough of these trucks (i can't) :)
New Truck.jpg

battlecat

Thanks Swyzz... I'm new here as I said, and this is my first decommissioned truck, members feel free to give me some things to look for before I jump on the highway besides the obvious ( tires, oil, coolant, leaks, belts, ). I did see a thread about "deuce owners worst fears" with the hub and bearings, but i'm sure there are a few folks on here who had the same first time anxiety when picking up their truck.

I was going to have it freighted back, but the shipping was the same I paid for the truck (1390.00) or more at 1500.00 bucks. I'm enlisting a CDL driver for the journey so the Maine state police don't have a awesome time with me on the road or at a weigh station. I wanted to grab antique plates for it but I had to get a temp tag due to town hall being closed.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup just grabbed one, or just about to grab one. Paid for but it but it needs to make the journey home to NH 186 miles on temp tags, let's hope for the best!! I found your awesome site yesterday and had to become a member thanks in advance to all the members as I'm sure i'll benefit from their knowledge I have included a photo as i'm sure you all can't get enough of these trucks (i can't) :)
View attachment 565985
Welcome both of you, Next month is the weare rally if you can make it, here is the thread on that.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?141059-Weare-rally-2015
Battle cat, does your 5 ton have the Mack or the mutifuel.

n1dp

The 1975 is probably a Mack? Any pictures?
Not yet. We have some lettering and numbering to do. Yes, it is a Mack, the former Department that owned it just gave me the TM for Mack engines the other day. 2000 gallon water tank and PTO pump on it. It sure is good for keeping flies at bay! I have yet to drive it, but other drivers say it handles as well and has the same power as the M923.

SteveKuhn

View attachment 565985
So you're the one who aced me.[thumbzup] I 'wuz gonna try to drive it to NJ. That is one nice looking truck!

battlecat

Hey SteveKuhn,

Sorry we had to battle on line for the same girl! But I'm super happy to have come out the victor, must have been my screen name, the cat always wins! but seriously, I lost one last month down in Mass with a massive roll cage welded around the entire truck, i'm sure he's on here by now, if so let it be known and post some pick cause that was a serious rig!! I saved a couple of photos of it on my work PC i'll have to share with the group. I look forward to showing you what I do with it once I get the cash.

battlecat

Welcome both of you, Next month is the weare rally if you can make it, here is the thread on that.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?141059-Weare-rally-2015
Battle cat, does your 5 ton have the Mack or the mutifuel.
I don't know. Hopefully someone here knows. I bought it via the interweb cause I was feaning for it worse than a crack head after losing the auction for this truck. I'm still very grateful for the truck I got, Don't get me wrong. I went to my car and pulled the pictures of it out to share. I bid as high as I could go, but the guy or gal who won the auction got it for 3 grand give or take. Loosing this one hurt = "kind of like the girl from high school". I wish I got this rig! :( The supervisor at the town lot told me "they said it was to tough to drive and the firefighters didn't want it"...The truck pictured had a completely full tank of diesel, lights all around, pump and tank in the bed worked etc, they dumped a ton of cash into it and it ran like a champ. The battery's were dead so I couldn't confirm but the guy seemed genuine, I was willing to fight the wasps in the cab to get the photos.

IMG_3835.jpgIMG_3836.jpgIMG_3837.jpgIMG_3838.jpgIMG_3839.jpgIMG_3840.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks