• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Nashville

Crazy Canadian

Hey Guys!

I am Canadian Documentary Film maker living in Nashville, my Fiancee and I are planning an around the world trip to support a research her project and a Documentary Film that I am making with Netflix and NatGeo. As part of my project we are planning to build a Expedition Truck, mostly because the commercially available ones are far too expensive for our budget. The living quarters/ box construction is something I am quite able to do, however finding the truck has been a challenge. We have noticed a lot of low mileage Man Kat 1 or Stewart Stevenson surplus vehicles that look like they could be great, however they also seem to be very low geared and full time all wheel drive. So here I am hoping that maybe some of you could provide advice about gear swaps etc to make highway cruising nicer and more fuel efficient.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks