• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Ohio

FifthWheel

So just this past weekend I picked up my first MV, a 1970's (I think) M35A2. I won't say how cheap I got it but it was VERY VERY cheap. I want to bring it completely back to it's former glory. I've already changed oil and all filters (oil filters did not want to seal but I finally got them to). I'm going to change all the other fluids in the coming weeks as well as adjust all brakes and inspect and repack all bearings. I do need tires. I want to go up to 11.00r20 goodyear G177 but am open to suggestions. Some rust on the windshield frames, a cracked passenger window and the driver window did roll down but is now stuck in the up position. Got alot of work and learning to do but am excited to get started. Photos are the day I picked it up and after a good power wash.

Day Tripper

So just this past weekend I picked up my first MV, a 1970's (I think) M35A2. I won't say how cheap I got it but it was VERY VERY cheap. I want to bring it completely back to it's former glory. I've already changed oil and all filters (oil filters did not want to seal but I finally got them to). I'm going to change all the other fluids in the coming weeks as well as adjust all brakes and inspect and repack all bearings. I do need tires. I want to go up to 11.00r20 goodyear G177 but am open to suggestions. Some rust on the windshield frames, a cracked passenger window and the driver window did roll down but is now stuck in the up position. Got alot of work and learning to do but am excited to get started. Photos are the day I picked it up and after a good power wash.
Where iin Ohio are you at?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome from Charlotte, North Carolina!

Those window regulators can be a pain sometimes. Especially if they get forced. That big panel inside at the bottom of the door is your access to those parts. It might be worth opening the panel and using a little "slickem" on the window tracks and the slide track on the regulator itself where it moves. You might try spray silicon on the tracks just to see what happens. Replacement parts are available - but often times removing and cleaning them up will solve the problem. It could be a bent track inside the door too...

Anyhow, welcome to the site and the brotherhood! Looks like you got yourself a fine looking truck and CONGRATULATIONS on getting it for a great price!

Tim Mullaney

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks