• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Western Colorado

greg burns

I recently joined SS and have been lurking up to now. I just acquired my first MV. It is a 1977 M35A2C w/w. I purchased the truck from a gentleman in Idaho who restores military vehicles. I made the purchase at the Idaho Military Vehicle rally hosted at the Idaho Motor Pool. I was told that the truck was from Spokane, WA and was a Marine vehicle. The previous owner seems to have put a lot of time and effort into restoring the Deuce. It appears that the only items remaining are to refinish the cargo racks and the bed. It came with a rifle rack, extinguishers, pioneer tool rack and tools, cargo cover, flares, air hoses and a tool kit.

When I went to the local DMV I was told that the truck was two years too new to register as a collector vehicle (1975 cutoff). As a result it had to be listed as light truck with seemingly hefty fees.

I've read hundred of posts on the Deuce and Deuce modification forums for the wealth of information they contain. I hope to be able to put some of that information to use in the coming months. My first purchase will likely be a muffler and some paint and primer from Rapco or Sherwin Williams.

Attachments

91W350

Welcome to the forums from Kansas. I made a trip on the Amtrak north of you to Salt Lake City to pick up my M1009. That is some awesome country and I am sure you will find many uses for that beautiful truck out there. Glen

KaiserM109

Welcome, bro'. I'm a Western Slope native. My grandad arrived there in a covered wagon.

Somewhere up on Glade Park is a double bladed ax stuck in a tree about 7' up from circa 1960. I put it there to keep everyone else from tripping over it and that's where it got left. Once while deer hunting, I tracked a cougar up there. When the trail doubled back onto mine, I figured out that he was tracking me. 'Never saw him.

My dad was KREX's first TV engineer. He put in the first TV booster for Glade Park.

We'll have to get together sometime. My favorite camping places are above Colburn.

Arlyn

Last edited:

greg burns

Jonathan:
I'm afraid a muffler or an expensive aviation intercom is the only way I'll ever be able to carry on a conversation in this truck.:p It's nice to hear from an MVCC member. I just joined the organization after getting the truck. I hope to be able to attend the August meeting.

greg burns

Arlyn:
It seems like a small world on SS. It's good to hear from a Western Slope native. I've been on Glade Park for eight years and have really enjoyed it. I want to thank you and all the other folks on this thread for the warm welcome.

steelandcanvas

Jonathan:
I'm afraid a muffler or an expensive aviation intercom is the only way I'll ever be able to carry on a conversation in this truck.:p It's nice to hear from an MVCC member. I just joined the organization after getting the truck. I hope to be able to attend the August meeting.
The "First Shirt" and I just point and yell, then put our ear protection back on. I'm looking for a VIC-1 or a Clansman to take care of that problem, but never a muffler!:roll:

mcmullag

Nice truck

Wow what a nice truck and nice interior.
I think I am going to move my extinguisher from under the seat to where you have it, for better access and looks cool for display. I would never muffle mine. I gave a friends kid a ride in mine on Monday and she said, Why would the Army have such a loud truck? Good question I thought.

steelandcanvas

Jonathan:
:p It's nice to hear from an MVCC member. I just joined the organization after getting the truck. I hope to be able to attend the August meeting.
So you're the new Guy from the other side of the hill. Welcome and congratulations! Hope to see you August 6th.! I second the motion for the nice interior on your truck.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks