• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Helmet Top A/C Condensor mounting

kzeyus

aircond2.jpg

Was this type or similar swing out type of condenser mount for a helmet top supplied by red dot, or were they fabbed up?
Not wild about mounting it up top where it will get drug thru tree limbs etc.

CGFFEMT

My perception has been that it was the standard red dot condenser simply mounted to the rear of the helmet top. As a helmet top owner myself this set up has always intrigued me, but I have't pursued it as of yet.

kzeyus

Yes, it's std Red Dot condenser, but not sure if swing out mount was something Red Dot made or if it was custom and looking for info. Problem is it looks like it would interfere with rear tire mount, so also interested in an alternative on the radiator stack or elsewhere. Would be pretty tall if mounted on top of the helmet top and would get attacked by trees.

Last edited:

CGFFEMT

Looking closely I see what your talking about... never noticed the swing mount for it before, just thought was on the rear door of the helmet top. Interesting indeed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks