• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help not sure what this trailer is.

drivebymashing

Im looking for specs on this trailer between fender width and bed length. Thanks I have searched. A sticky with a spreadsheet of trailer specs width lengths and all would be awesome.trailer chassis.jpg
Thanks

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
These were not a standard "M" series trailer, they are sorta like a 3/4T M116A1 but that is a close as it gets. There was also another style like it that was enclosed and was mostly used by the USAF and USN.
slap.jpg

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting that none of them have lights or electrical plugs. No surge brakes either.

Wonder if they were used for air support equipment or stationary water pumps?

Landbarger

If my rhino will fit on it.
What do you bet those are 55-56" between the wheel wells. This is more or less what I've been wanting to strip my HDT trailer down into and it seems that 56" is about all the space you can get between fenders. I assume it's because all of them are made to mimic the track of HMMWV tires. It doesn't look like I will be able to fit my parents' Kubota RTV...not sure how that compares to a Rhino, however.

drivebymashing

Rhino is 54 inches wide. If it was 1k range weight.That might work perfect. Im looking for something wide enough and long enough to fit on. Also light enough to move around with rhino. Oh and cheap...

drivebymashing

Really? Im not trying to get anyone in trouble. My dad is retired military I have never seen anything like that before. I guess its on google images somewhere what it is. Thanks. I just happened to see it whatever that thing is scrolling thru images of those mysterious trailers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks