• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help she won't stop shaking

BBQROD

I'll post a link to a you tube video here
http://youtu.be/5f0PQNRp2Rs

This is a 1970 M35A2 continental G code injection pump. After install I noticed a problem. Just off of idle it starts to bounce from more fuel to less fuel making the drive train go from load to no load. Anyone who has built rear ends and transfer cases knows that's not good. Imagine holding your foot in the air with just your toe on the throttle going over bumps. The whole drive train just chatters...

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And just exactly are we working on?

When posting a video, we need some dialog as what we are watching. If no dialog, they moderators have decided that we will just delete the post.

BBQROD

Just of idle the governor will bounce and if you don't remove or put the throttle to the floor will chatter the entire drive train. The two springs in back of the IP control this movement there is a supreme balance between these two springs and I am not capable of getting that balance.

Last edited:

BBQROD

I have read of a cut away special tool rear cover. You adjust your idle screw all the way down and check something with feeler gauge. The tm is pretty vague on the matter and I was trying to find a IP wizard that could shed a little light on this problem.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Review the LDS Troubleshooting manual. While it is for the LDS engine it has a few more details that may help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks