• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help w/large trailer definitions

Unforgiven

I've tried to find answers on Google & here without success. Can any of you trailer gurus give me a brief explanation of the following terms?

-Through shaft axle suspension.

-Draw bar type hinged tongue

-Bolster type swivel (what exactly is a bolster?)

-2 type 2 style E class non-definitive data (huh?)

Thanks.

Unforgiven

Also,

Are the lunette rings on large, bolster trailers the same size as the smaller M105 trailers? That is, will they fit the Deuce pintle or are they too big?

L999here

....little different...

Most of the pre-50's vehicles had the same pintle ring. After that,the larger lunett and such seem to predominate. The latch-type on my 1943 White half track is smaller than the piece on my 1970 duce. Both size rings will fit in them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks