• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with Heater core problem on my M1123

Hey guys,

I am trying to understand why my heater doesn't work on my M1123. I never managed to get it to work since I got the vehicle from GovPlanet.

Not sure If am missing any secret manual shutoff valve anywhere... or what?

It looks like the shutoff valve connected to the pull out knob is turning fine.

Maybe the heater core is clogged and needs a good flush cleanup?

I appreciate the help as always!

Thank you

Lothar

It's not too much work to remove the heater core. I recently replaced mine. If you think its clogged up, I would remove it and try running water through it. Also, since it's out you can pressure it up and check for leaks with some soapy water. The older they are, the more prone to leaking. I was a welder in the military and repairing radiators was a large part of my work. These things are cheap and small so easier to just replace them.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is the out side possibility that a shut off was installed or hoses tied together as a quick fix around in case of a leak.

Also look at the heater control valve to make sure it is operating correctly.

Pop the hood open and give it a good look see over all the heater components

AAVP7

Also look at the heater control valve to make sure it is operating correctly.
I once stumbled upon a heater control valve that looked completely identical, but worked "the other way around". With the knob pushed in, the valve was open and let hot water through, and when you pulled the knob out, it closed. Probably a chinese knockoff, and while copying everything, they had the blueprint upside down....

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I once stumbled upon a heater control valve that looked completely identical, but worked "the other way around". With the knob pushed in, the valve was open and let hot water through, and when you pulled the knob out, it closed. Probably a chinese knockoff, and while copying everything, they had the blueprint upside down....
I've had the valves that work opposite ...they are 2.5, or 5 ton truck valves.

Hey guys,

I cleared the heater core still in the vehicle with the hose from both directions and it worked! A lot of stuff and debris drained out and some small stones, probably buildup of corrosion and rust.

Besides that everything looked great! I was really surprised how clean the coolant was considering last time it was replaced was probably 12 years ago in 09 according to a note I found on the engine.

Thank you very much for all the help! Me and the wife are super happy to have heat in the cabin. Especially my wife! :)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks