• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT rescues family from roof in Kansas City.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great they did it. Crap article.

Headline: FAMILY RESCUED BY MILITARY APV.

Article:
Fire Department said they weren't going to do the rescue.
Picture of APV (doesn't say what an APV is)
Here's where it is.
end of article.
What the ****? where's the **** info? What motivated the guys to drive out there. Were they just tooling around looking to rescue people? They're wearing matching shirts, why? I mean, COME ON....

Flyingvan911

The fire department said the family was "safely on their roof" so they wanted to let the swiftly moving flood waters go down some. That does kind of make sense. Apparently the waters around the house were calm but getting to them was another story. I am guessing they heard about it and went in a back way. I don't know who owns it or if they are a member of this site.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This is the same city, Overland Park that will not allow you to keep a military painted Jeep or other MV at your house!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the same city, Overland Park that will not allow you to keep a military painted Jeep or other MV at your house!
Irony! That's like having that nagging wife disrespecting your motorpool then begging for A/C power during a storm or pimping you out to move her girlfriend (or personal trainer/ pool boy).

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
[h=1]military style APV :wink:[/h]

Flyingvan911

I heard more details. The guys heard about the family on the radio and drove over and offered to help. It wasn't specifically said but I am guessing officials allowed them to drive through. They guys did say that the water was moving pretty fast and they were starting to doubt their choice. The truck held strong and came through smiling.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks