• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hercules DT3.7 diesel engine

Keith

I am thinking of throwing a Hercules DT3.7 in my M37 and before I spend that kinda of money :freaked: I was wondering :confused: if any of you had any comments for [^] or against :nono: the DT3.7.

CGarbee

The Hercules DT3.7 is a great little engine...
I do know one fellow that had one in a M37 that had problems with oil consumption being really high, but evryone else that has one did not have that problem, so it may have been an aberation...
I personally think that the Cummins 4BT/BTA is a better choice these days especially since Hercules is no longer in business.
I have a website that details my Cummins instal located at www.garbee.net/~cabell

Good luck.

DAPM37

I have one in mine now for about 10 years and really like. Paul Caudell with MARS is a great guy to deal with.

Keith

CGarbee,

Great Web site you did an outstanding job documenting your prjects.

DAP,

I agree, Paul has been a great help. If you ever have a few hours to kill and want to talk about M37's Paul is probably The man you want to call. This guy has a wealth of information on the subject!

CGarbee

Yeah, you found the current incarnation of the company.... Not the same as what it once was, but trying very hard (and doing pretty well at that) to be a player in the markets that they are participating in.
Paul at MARS is the go to guy for the small engines suitable for use in the M37 and M715.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I second that! He has been very helpful with questions about my son's '53 M37.
(With your current hairdo, that could be a lot of blushing, Cabell.) :)

I have heard that the Hercules (multifuel) engines are used for oilfield cricket pumps, because of their reliability. Any truth to that? I don't question the reliability, just curious.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks