• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Here is the girl. :-)

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2.jpg1.jpg3.jpg

Very complete on the inside, turret is complete, all panels present, needs some cleaning up and eventual restoration. Turret firing system works, even the little light works. Only thing I might need is one or two sets of "carbine" top and bottom mounts. Not 100% sure yet. I know I need at least 1 at the moment.
5.jpg

I will say, she does not like long hills like I have coming out of my area. It's a decent grade for about 1/2 to 2/3 miles and by the time I get to the top, I'm in 3 gear again and cars are getting impatient behind me. :)

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally had it tagged on Tuesday and took it out a in the evening when traffic was low in the area to get a good test run in. While going down a little side road to a parking lot I use to cut over to another street, I noticed a Chamblee PD police SUV parked in a little parking lot to the side and gave him a 50/50 change to come investigate. Well, about 1 minute later I see him behind me in the parking lot, so I figured I'd get it over and do a turn into a space. I hop out the driver's hatch and go to the rear to check the engine temp (open the engine top cover) and the police officer walks up to the vehicle and first thing he says is "Nice V100". I reached down and shook his hand and told him that he was the 2nd person who I ran into that did not call it a tank and the 1st to know what it was. Turns out, he was formally an MP in the military and was part of an M1117 ASV crew. About 5 minutes later, about 3 other police cars show up. (this is about 9PM in the middle of a big parking lot) and we ended up shooting the breeze for about an hour and a half. Really good guys, didn't ask for any ID, paperwork, etc. All looked through it one crawled inside. One did use his patrol vehicle's search light to light it up, only so him and his buddies could get pictures of them with it. Overall, very positive experience and they made a few jokes about putting 3 cars behind it and a few officers on it while they ran through a few rough parts of the city as a show force.

gunboy1656

It amazes me how the military forgets vehicles then all of a sudden brings something back like the V100 to the 1117 ASV.

Here is an ASV I took a pic of in Iraq in 2004.

I would love to ride around in an V100 someday, maybe even own one.

Attachments

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice story !!!
What a piece of history. Put it on a service retainer with the local PD, in case they need something a little more stout than their Crown Victoria. A couple magnetic "POLICE" placards and chauffer them to the situation.

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a piece of history. Put it on a service retainer with the local PD, in case they need something a little more stout than their Crown Victoria. A couple magnetic "POLICE" placards and chauffer them to the situation.

You and I think alike as I've already started conversations with two local and new cities about that. I would need to be deputized though, don't want to be the only one on site with civil liability.. :[

babysittersdriver

Great vehicle! The local sheriff here asked if he might borrow the Daughter of Darkness to serve some warrants down in the southern end of the county :)
As for people getting impatient behind you, just rotate the turret. Again, nice find.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You and I think alike as I've already started conversations with two local and new cities about that. I would need to be deputized though, don't want to be the only one on site with civil liability.. :[
Look in to the departments auxlilary LEO program. Normally used for traffic concerns. Should fit the bill, you'll be the one stopping traffic.

andy3

She is BEAUTIFUL! Bring her to the Meet, Greet, Eat on 2.7.15 in Buford @ PTL BBQ if you want her to have a bath from all the guys drool!

baseballump

Jason Great looking V-100. Have you seem David Doyle book "Cadillac Gage V-100 Commando". You should get one it has all types of Vs in it. You know Rory over in Texas and his V-100?? I was a V driver in Nam in '70-'71 and after talking to Rory he invited me and a couple of other MP vets from Nam to visit.
We had a great day. I hope you have as much fun with your V as Rory does with his.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Louie, you and the troops are welcome back anytime! It was an honour and a pleasure to have y'all drive the V around. :)

She's looking good, Jason. [thumbzup]

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks