• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hho injection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdeoliveira74

Another member has said he is running his truck on hho... Has anyone else done this seems that its supposed to increase combustion efficency by using hydrogen. Just curious ? I did some research and they say you could see gains as high as 50% to me this seems a bit crazy but again love to bounce thinks off everyone inhere!

Jersey4x4

home heating oil is the same exact fuel as off highway diesel fuel and just red in color compared to on road fuel and burns just the same there is just no road tax on home heating oil or off highway fuel so it is usually about .35 less per gallon.

AaronW

Oxyhydrogen is sometimes referred as "Brown's Gas" after Yull Brown who advocated such devices,[12] or "HHO gas" after the claims of fringe physicist[13] Ruggero Santilli: see Ruggero Santilli#HHO gas.
Oxyhydrogen is also often mentioned in conjunction with devices that claim to operate a vehicle using water as a fuel. The most common and decisive counter-argument against producing this gas on-board to use as a fuel or fuel additive is that the energy required to split water molecules exceeds the energy recouped by burning it.
This should also not be confused with hydrogen-fueled cars where the hydrogen is produced elsewhere and used as fuel or where it is used as as fuel enhancement.

Bunk!:deadhorse:

jdeoliveira74

h20 conversion to hydrogen. we did this in science class in like 8th grade and its possible but we has electric and had to boil off alot of water to make a little flame! Is it possible?

tamecrow

The problem with these hho systems is it takes more energy to make the hydrogen than the hydrogen produces. The first law of Thermodynamics, Conservation of Energy, states: "Energy can change form, but it can not be created or destroyed". Therefore, work output cannot exceed input. In other words, you can't get more energy than you put in.

zerogas

hho

I am the one who was talking about hho. I have it on my 98 gmc 1500
5.7 liter

this truck stock never got better than 17 mpg

I am currently getting 27 mpg on the hwy and 22 in the city

you have to make about 2 liters per minute per liter in the vehicle

it is not bunk it works

jdeoliveira74

I am the one who was talking about hho. I have it on my 98 gmc 1500
5.7 liter

this truck stock never got better than 17 mpg

I am currently getting 27 mpg on the hwy and 22 in the city

you have to make about 2 liters per minute per liter in the vehicle

it is not bunk it works
Ok do you have pics of system did you make it yourself? what would we need to doto run it on our 6.2l diesels?
what type of gains would we see?

AaronW

it is not bunk it works
I stand corrected! Sorry. I'm a little confused as to why every long haul owner/operator is not using these systems. Profits could be increased! Imagine the foreign oil imports we could cut. Maybe the Saudi's are behind the lack of interest.

zerogas

hho

I did make it myself. The gains on a gas are different than a diesiel.

With gas you trick the o2 sensor into thinking it doesn't need as much fuel

With a diesel you need to get enough hho to turn down the ip

I would encourage you to go to youtube and look at hho injection

zerogas

I know that skeptism is the first reaction

Look up Stanley Meyer
He made a dune buggy that ran on water (just water) This was in the 70's

He was killed

do the research

Does it make sense that the oil companies don't want you to know.

JasonS

I stand corrected! Sorry. I'm a little confused as to why every long haul owner/operator is not using these systems. Profits could be increased! Imagine the foreign oil imports we could cut. Maybe the Saudi's are behind the lack of interest.

rofl

AaronW

I know that skeptism is the first reaction
I've always been full of skeptism(just ask my wife). Seems to me that if Ford or GM or Dodge equipped their their offerings with these systems, they would stand to make billions. Imagine the first of the big three that came out with even a 10% mileage bump. They would slay the the other two in sales. Who would be keeping them from this? Not their shareholders. Who?

Last edited:

Stalwart

:ditto:

If you ACTUALLY do the research, you'll find the big proponents of this FARCE are the people making money off it. It is just another version stealing money from the naive. No such thing as free energy or a free lunch, the price is ALWAYS paid by somebody!

Zerogas doesn't know it but without extensive changes to his EFI system and engine he's running a dangeriously high A/F ratio. I'll even bet he's relying on his compuer in the vehicle to tell him his fuel economy.

For some fun reading on this and other scams: Fuel saving gadgets - a professional engineer's view

The above is not an all encompassing authoritative paper, but a quick read on how this is pure bunk. :deadhorse:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I did make it myself. The gains on a gas are different than a diesiel.

With gas you trick the o2 sensor into thinking it doesn't need as much fuel

With a diesel you need to get enough hho to turn down the ip

I would encourage you to go to youtube and look at hho injection
:ditto:

If you ACTUALLY do the research, you'll find the big proponents of this FARCE are the people making money off it. It is just another version stealing money from the naive. No such thing as free energy or a free lunch, the price is ALWAYS paid by somebody!

Zerogas doesn't know it but without extensive changes to his EFI system and engine he's running a dangeriously high A/F ratio. I'll even bet he's relying on his compuer in the vehicle to tell him his fuel economy.

For some fun reading on this and other scams: Fuel saving gadgets - a professional engineer's view

The above is not an all encompassing authoritative paper, but a quick read on how this is pure bunk. :deadhorse:
I was going to say, this sounds like a very LEAN condition, awful hard on pistons, valves.

This sounds like the ETHAOL scram, where it takes more energy to produce than it puts out, so it takes MORE ethanol mix to get the same energy output then straight fuel.

Stalwart

AND, if you look at "Zerogas's" 6 posts, 5 of them mention HHO? Methinks I know why he's here, pedaling this scam.

I've actually done a bit of reading on this Ron, there is considerable risk of damage. Since it runs and actually is able to ignite such a lean mixture, and without significantly retarding the timing, peak cylinder pressure occurs BTDC (BAD!) but also causes cylinder temperatures that are excessively high. So yes Ron, your thoughts were correct!

Back in the late 70's my stepfather fell for the cow magnets around the fuel line scam. I had a good laugh at that! The jerk also made me install headers and free flowing exhaust on his 460 (7.5L) powered F150 that was otherwise stock. With the factory jetting and OEM exhaust it was running pretty lean to begin with. I asked to do a mild rejetting of the carb to compensate for the VASTLY freer flowing exhaust, he refused, he didn't want to burn more fuel. For his miserly insistence, he got burnt valves and a vehicle that needed oil added as often as it needed gas . . . and that was with a 460 gasser, they could guzzle fuel! Towards the end, it was burning a quart of oil every 150-200 miles. :shock:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Stalwart

Don't worry Doggy, it seems there is a thunderstorm parked over his parade and I'm reasonably sure his mommy will call him in out of the weather soon :D

ODdave

My thoughts exactly on the lean condition, The water also helps reduce the preignition knock. It will shorten your engines life. Hate to say it but no such thing as free energy.

Iceman3005

I helped a friend build a hydrogen generator for his car, he gained about 6-8 miles per gallon. One problem with the hydrogen generator is you basically have a hydrogen bomb in your car, one back fire and kabooooooom. Ya it was a fun experiment, we even made a hydrogen launcher, kinda like a potato gun but using the generator to create hydrogen witch was plumb to back of launcher and ignited by a mechanical striker, could launch tennis balls about 300-400 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks