• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi all !!

seyit

I am new to the site and posting from Turkey.
Currently I have a 1962 CJ 5 , 1980 CJ 5 and a 1974 Unimog 404 S.
Dodge WCs and M37s are my favorite ,too. These are very hard to own in this country though.I think I will dream them a lot in this site.

seyit

Welcome from Indiana!Why are the m37 s hard to own,illegal or just hard to find?
Thank you.
We had lots of military WCs and M37s along with various Willys-Kaiser era jeeps in the Army and they were sold as surplus once up on a time.Those who bought them then swapped almost all parts from different brands,and no original vehicle at present.New rules( European Comunity rules adopted by our politicians though we are not a member country) are real problem to keep such vehicles street legal.
Parts are very rare and they are far too expensive to import from US.Shipping from US is another problem for bulky parts,such as engine blocks,transmissions or at least transmission or transfer cases alone.Mostly we have to buy on eBay and PayPal.Then the shipping cost doubles or triples the part itself. Many vendors don't ship outside US.
If you can find a good vehicle and rebuild it to the factory specifications,then you have chance to get it legal,otherwise it will be a show car and surpasses our budget to own a nondrivable vehicle.

seyit

Hi friend, I live in holland, and here we have an EU regime for antique vehicles.
And parts, ask to your friends (brothers) in Holland.
and look at
Military Vehicles Jeeps Tanks Militaria, all ex Military equipment

Regards Vetpot
Thank you very much for the site address , vetpot.Nice to hear someone from this side of the Pond.
I will go through the site to see what possibilities I can get.Shipping from US is very costly,Europe might be cheaper for available parts.
As for the EU regime ; our politicians hear about an issue and adopt it without reading in detail.Then they insist to install seatbelts even if it is attaching to the soft top ,lol!So most of our problems arise false adoption.
Thank you again.

zout

Welcome to the site from Georgia - home of the awesome Georgia Rally.

Was curious this morning after reading your location in Turkey as it rang a bell of former battles fought near your area - dating back to BC and into the 1071 - amazing area and history of your area.

Just wanted to get a better feel of where you were from and your providence history.

From Georgia U.S.A. - welcome aboard - more pictures when you get an opportunity.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from the Smitten Mitten, Your in good company around here. The ZOUT is right about the pictures, WE LIKE PICTURES..!

seyit

Welcome to the site from Georgia - home of the awesome Georgia Rally.

Was curious this morning after reading your location in Turkey as it rang a bell of former battles fought near your area - dating back to BC and into the 1071 - amazing area and history of your area.

Just wanted to get a better feel of where you were from and your providence history.

From Georgia U.S.A. - welcome aboard - more pictures when you get an opportunity.
Thank you , zout.
Not only my immediate area , but the whole Anatolia witnessed numerous battles and wars in History. "Malazgirt" battle fought under the leadership of commander "Alparslan" was one of them.
The excavations unearth remnants of civilizations one over the other at different depths.
Thanks for your interest.

Stan Leschert

I guess that we now have a photographer on the ground in Turkey,
who can post pics of their old military vehicles.

This should be real neat! I would love to see what they used ...
and not just the ones that we were used to,
I'm sure that they had many locally made trucks.

seyit

I guess that we now have a photographer on the ground in Turkey,
who can post pics of their old military vehicles.

This should be real neat! I would love to see what they used ...
and not just the ones that we were used to,
I'm sure that they had many locally made trucks.

Thank you ,Stan. B.C. is where I would like to be if I lived in Canada.
As for our early military vehicles;
Turkey was not in the battle field during WW II.As we all know that most of the Willys MBs and Ford GPs are descendants from the war time in Europe and the Pacific area,so we had no such jeeps (1940) 1941-1950(actually post 1952) We joined the Korean War and US sent M 38s along with some MBsafter war.However; Turkey began to import Willys CJ2As(few of them) and a larger quantity CJ3As.In 1953 with a licence agreement CJ3Bs were begun to be produced here(also the military version M606s) Up to 1967 they were all original to US specifications.1967-1969 they were completely Turkish versions.
Following the Korean war Us sent to Turkey lots of CCKWs , Dodge WC 51-52s, WC 63-64s.But I have never seen WC 67-68s
Kaiser trucks and wagons were quite common in the Army.And Dodge M37s showed up for years.Jeep M 606s were everywhere.
They all disappeared.
What are common now are Land Rover Defenders,and Unimogs.
I read that BMC is about to supply some new generation vehicles to the Army.
My personal passion is for earlier models.
I force myself but I can't have warm feelings for new generation of jeeps.
The earlier models up to 1970 along with Dodge WCs and M37s are always my passion.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello Seyit, welcome aboard!

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the group! I would like to brag on one of your country's national treasures, the Anatolian Shepherd dog. We use these dogs to protect our goat herd. One of the most used guardian dogs in the world. Good to have you here and look forward to seeing your Mog.

seyit

Welcome to the group! I would like to brag on one of your country's national treasures, the Anatolian Shepherd dog. We use these dogs to protect our goat herd. One of the most used guardian dogs in the world. Good to have you here and look forward to seeing your Mog.
Thank you,Ron.
The Hometown of the dogs is the Kangal County of the city of Sivas.Sivas is the neighboring city to Tokat where I live.My family has a ranch within the borders of Sivas and we raise sheep.Once we had very good Kangals(they are known by this name).One of the most significant behaviour of them is mostly to disappear for days.They stay in the wilderness and scout the area.When they sense wolves they finish them.Then they come back to the ranch ,farm ,or village and stay with the herd for weeks daily guarding it.If ,a wolf ever attempts to attact the herd and a chase starts beleive me or not it goes on for about a hundred kilometers without giving up.They are so persistent and this way or other they catch the beast.They get back days later and throw themselves into the water even in winter.All the fur with blood.
Now it is hard to find good ones. We also keep seeking good dogs but not much chance.Now you have better chance to find one in the US because when good dogs were common some of them were shipped to the US ,and they are there now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks