• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi from NC. I just purchased an M1009

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It’s my first Blazer as well as my first military vehicle. It’s got a fair amount of rust and a few major dings, but I’m planning on fixing it up. View attachment 868099View attachment 868100
Welcome to the outfit!

A little rust gives it character until you can decide what needs to be done next... Be sure to grab the TM's for your truck. Finding the way to crank the truck without smoking your glowplugs would be good. Knowing how the charging system will be useful too. It looks like you have four wheels, so that gets you moving down the highway maybe?

M1009Kev

Welcome to the outfit!

A little rust gives it character until you can decide what needs to be done next... Be sure to grab the TM's for your truck. Finding the way to crank the truck without smoking your glowplugs would be good. Knowing how the charging system will be useful too. It looks like you have four wheels, so that gets you moving down the highway maybe?
I drove it home Sunday about 50 miles. One of the u-joints was clunking. I took the rear driveshaft to a drivetrain shop yesterday to replace the two u-joints along with balancing. I already replaced the hood release cable -- huge difference. The rest of the work that I will do I'll post in the appropriate forums.
Thanks, -- Kevin

DarkSeas

I drove it home Sunday about 50 miles. One of the u-joints was clunking. I took the rear driveshaft to a drivetrain shop yesterday to replace the two u-joints along with balancing. I already replaced the hood release cable -- huge difference. The rest of the work that I will do I'll post in the appropriate forums.
Thanks, -- Kevin
Hey Kevin,
Where did you happen to get your hood release cable? Mine is frayed pretty bad and I need to replace mine soon too (or I'm going to be in for a very bad time when it finally gives)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks