• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Highland Raiders

Driver523

Historyfanatics ask for some photos of Highland Raiders, I thought I'd post em here for all to see----HF, when your ready we'll find some crew, These first photos come from the album of a friend of mine that was on the truck------enjoy------The little guy is raiders first cousin.

Attachments

maxim

More for the historyfanatics. This appears to have been on utube for a few years but I just found it. 10 minutes of 8mm film footage of transport and gun truck shots. Some of the names I can not make out but include: Brutus, Pandemonium, The Untouchable, The Red Baron, Steppin Wolf, Frustration, Uncle Meat, King Kong, Black Widow, Mr. Nice, Eve of Destruction. There is a ton of information as a picture speaks a thousand words. Barrel storage, communications, paint jobs, nose art, weapons. I was not in Viet Nam, but it gives one the need to ponder the courage and sacrifice.

If this has been posted before no harm in re-visiting it:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H7U71KZEJw[/media]

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good footage and never saw it before. Really like the background music. Never saw that many trucks at one time. Really classic stuff, but the stuff nightmares are made of too.

Driver523

The first part of that video is from Paul Blosser, he was driver of Untouchable, Paul is no longer with us, Paul believed his problems stemed from agent orange and most of us believed him---the second part (the wreacker scene) starts some 523rd footage was filmed by Steven Sommers, The part where you see quite a few gun trucks was filmed in Cha Rang valley and the part where he opens the 50 was shot on the Ace of Spades, the guys name holding the puppy is Richard Downard also no longer with us------we're loosing too many too fast

Vwcrewcab

Hello all,
I recently found this site and I am blown away by all of the information I’ve found here. My father-in-law was a gunner on the Highland Raider’s gun truck during 1970-1971. I’m trying to find pictures of this truck as I am building a 1:35 scale model of it for him as a surprise and want it to be as accurate as I can make it. Nearly all the pictures I’ve seen are of the deuce and a half but his version of the Highland Raider’s was built on the 5 ton. Might you have any pictures of the 5 ton Highland Raider’s gun truck?
Thank you, Alex

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks