• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmm,something fishy here

FreightTrain

Banned
I checked on my auctions last night at work and one of them SHOWED 1600 and some change current bid(went into overtime).The other 2 lots that I got outbid on were in overtime too and I think showed around 500 bucks.Well,Today I checked on them to see if 8500 kicked my teeth in but lo and behold,the actual CLOSING price of the 1600 truck now shows just over 1200 bucks....and the other junkers are in the 200-400 range....Hmmmm,Something stinks here.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yesterday I thought I had been out bid on all items I had bid on. This morning, I received an email that shows I won 3 of the items that I know I was outbid on. Fishy too. I did a live chat today to confirm my wins.

FreightTrain

Banned
hell,I would have bid again but 500 and 600 was way too steep for me.Maybe they should tell their shill bidders to not bid so high!The 5-600 trucks ended up just over 200 bones.The one with rear axles but not front sold for around 450.

Rebelpride

Speaking of fishy I have noticed just this week since I've been looking at GL again, I'v
seen 2 trucks that I had on my watch list months ago. One of them a guard truck from SC with winch, soft top and singles.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing really fishy about items showing up again. I just watched it happen in Dayton at WPAFB when the bidder defaulted on the purchase of four M35A3s. I can't imagine what his default costs were but they showed up again. I've seen it happen before as well.

steve

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
How do they weed out people who do that?, (default and not pay, then simply open a new account) does GL track IP numbers?, if they don't, whats to keep someone from doing it over and over? several trucks/trailers at Santa Fe were bid up high, only to re-appear at a later auction.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, at least you remembered the day the auctions closed. I thought it was today. aua

So I didn't win squat. But fishy for me, is that my closed watchlist shows only 3 lots, none of the trucks that went up yesterday.

Now I have to sit around and wait for somemore trucks to come up for auction so I can replace mine.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Hmmm,something fishy here

Yes. Mine no go no more.

Well, no, it still goes. But if I add up the cost of all the parts to fix it up right I could just get a whole truck. I've found several major issues with the front end that need to be addressed, the hydraulic head on my IP is about dead, the tracking problem on the rear axles, and of course all the body panels to repair my front end.

I won't get rid of it, but I don't feel like fixing all the stuff right now- I need a truck to use and I need it now, I don't have a place to work on it but in a field and my tools I have to keep at work, so it's just a pain right now.

Bow-man

My first GL auction was shaky for me because I wasn't paying attention on the first day of bidding. Like an idiot, I had auto-bid activated, and my current deuce bid was at $1100. Somebody obviously saw that my auto-bid was activated, because they bid $3333 and my auto-bid kicked it up to $3433. I didn't catch it until later that night and nearly lost my lunch! While scanning the other deuces from that same sale, I noticed it happened to somebody else as well. I chocked it up to lesson learned by a FNG, but it still torqued me off that somebody was jacking with the bids, apparently to be a jerkoff.

KaiserM109

Attachments

LanceRobson

I don't know what is going on but all the goofiness leaves me no choice but to assume this is another case of GL's giving us great customer service.

I won 4 items yesterday and none of the prices listed on the GL website are correct. All are lower than the actual closing price.

My "closed watchlist" has been erratic (to put it kindly) for months. Yesterday after working two pages of items the "closed watchlist" shows three items. The prices shown for all three are incorrect.

GL took over three months to get me my last SF-97.

Two EUCs ago they accepted a FAXED driver's license. The last time, after a week, they insisted that I had to scan it and email it. Today,they wanted it FAXED.

Throughout all this time, every communication from GL warned that they would charge me 25% in liquidated damages if I didn't get them the EUC in a few days. Remember that at the time GL was more than three months with an SF-97. I sent back an email stating that I appreciated the importance of the timely transmission of document and why was I still waiting for the SF-97.

Coincidence or not 3 days later I got and overnight FEDEX envelope with the SF-97.

I don't know how much more of this great customer service and quality IT management I can stand.

Lance

KaiserM109

My next-to-last EUC flew through (in relative terms). It included a scanned and blown up picture of my driver's license. I have moved since it was issued, so my address is different. I scanned and faxed them a copy of one of my utility bills. I also added a copy of the Federal letter, just in case they wanted to see it. That EUC was for a trailer in Utah. I decided that I would make the trip worthwhile and bid on some oscilloscopes without realizing they required an EUC also; what the heck, they are civilian equipment. Now I'm in a hurry to get the second EUC so that I can coordinate the pickups.

On the second EUC application I replaced the 2 sheets that you fill out on line and included all the other stuff unchanged. Ten days after faxing it in, they kicked it back saying they would not accept a utility bill as proof-of-address. I emailed them asking what they wanted. They wanted a mortgage payment, a vehicle registration or a voter registeration. I rent, my vehicles haven't come up for registration yet, and I hadn't re-registered to vote yet. We went around and around on the phone and by email for another week and they finally sent it to Battle Creek the way I submitted it.

Now the trailer EUC came through and I have 14 days to pick it up. It is 400 mi. away and I really want to make it in one trip with no shipping. The rep at Hill AFB was cooperative and I was able to get the 2nd EUC 4 weeks after the first (1 week between submissions).

The face-to-face people at the sites are great!! The folks in AZ could use some customer service lessons.

Arlyn

davidkroberts

yeah when my EUC came through i was sitting in a sandstorm in Iraq. I called Fort Cambell and he immediately started scheduling me a time to pickup. After telling him my situation he was very friendly and helpful. Im picking up my M105 hopefully the day after tomorrow. Now GL corporate is another story in itself.......

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FT, Was the trucks you are talking about at Ft. Campbell? If so the ones with no front axles I bid $500 each on and got outbid. I bid $1200 on the rough truck with civilain tires and all it's axles and got outbid if that is the other truck you're talking about. If these are the same trucks then something very fishy is going on.

KaiserM109

I won't say that this is just a game because I have a decent amount of $$ tied up in OD iron and its storage, but there are rules and I guarantee you that the guy who broke the rules will get whacked for it. GL has the authority of the Federal Govt. behind them.

I've been beat out on equipment that I really wanted and I have paid more for other stuff than I should have because I let myself believe that I might just as well bit a little bit more. I hope that the guy who got the heaters I wanted makes good use of them. I hope that the guy who got the trailer bodys at Ft. Carson does something useful with them. Right now I really want a deuce that I can bob, and I will bid on some up to what I am willing to put out. I might get lucky 'cause there is quite a bunch on the block right now but most likely not. Bucks are tight and Peter is getting tired of being robbed.

I'll be in Norman, OK helping a friend pick up a truck this Friday. If you are there too, maybe we can go have a cup of coffee. I will really need some. Three of us are going straight down there and back with a short stop at Ft. Sill to pick up a stack of heaters for my kitchen trailer. I finally got top bid on some!! This one was the 8th time I've tried.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
KaiserM109 said:
I'll be in Norman, OK helping a friend pick up a truck this Friday..
Hijack!

I'll be there Friday getting a truck as well....0800, I'm leaving Las Cruces Thurs morning. Maybe I'll run into you guys there.

Ed

FreightTrain

Banned
yep,trucks were at Campbell.I bid on several.You must have outbid me.I wanted that one with the civy tires,the one with a good bed but no cab and the one with basically nothing but a bumper,cab tub, and winch extenders.Said it was over 500 4 minutes before closing but when I checked the day after final sale price was $250 give or take....same with the civy tire truck.1600 with a few minutes to go but sold for 1200 bucks......Guess the GL shill bidders ran the price up too much and they removed the bids after the fact and dropped the price down to the next legit bid.....

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder which govt agency would be responsible for doing an audit of GL's bidding practices. I think if they got enough complaints and documented discrepancies, they might investigate....seeing as GL operates under the auspices of the Federal Government. Any other ideas?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks