• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMVW Pintle Questions

nattieleather

Does the pintle hitch on the M998 (and variants) swivle like that on other MVs (M37, M715, M1008)?

I have seen pictures of the pintle hitch and it looks like it uses the same chain safety plate as the M151A2 used. Is this true and if so does that plate have a hole in the middle for the pintle to swivle through?

I'm trying to work something our for another application, but wanted to go with the same set up. Picture would be helpful.

Thanks
Joe

Sephirothq

the pintle hitch does turn like the other ones do. There is a hole in teh mounting plate where the hitch goes through and there is a large nut on teh back the holds the pintle to the mounting plate.

the mounting plate is held on by 4 bolts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks