HMMWV any model

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Jkiszka

Does anyone know of any HMMWV's available in the tri-state area? I am looking for a change of pace after riding in my M1009 for 3 years. She does the job year round but the HMMWV would be a fun new partner. Trying to stay in the range of $1,000 to $8,000. Thanks!

Crapgame

Kiszka, those M1025A2s are a rare, documented Special Forces Ground Mobility Vehicle (GMV) variant, only 180 were released out of over 250,000 HMMWVs of all models made. These were the "$25 New In Crate Surplus Army Jeep" moment of our generation.

Jkiszka

Being that it is essentially a piece of our generation's military history, that is something that would be awesome to keep safe. What about the M1025A2s differentiate it for SF use?

Crapgame

Being that it is essentially a piece of our generation's military history, that is something that would be awesome to keep safe. What about the M1025A2s differentiate it for SF use?
The most obvious proof is the Rod Hall Offroad Racing Expanded Capacity Remote Reservoir Shocks on them. Other proof is small details, from the two holes in the left dashboard where a supplementary I-R LIGHT and as needed on board AIR/COMP(ressor) toggle switch holes. The unit and bumper numbers still visible, as well as the holes in the hull and wheelhouses where the original GMV-SOCOM specific accessories were mounted, often by using rivetnuts set into the hull.

There are two different types of C through D Pillar configurations in this lot, one that takes a C Pillar with brackets welded on for bolting on corrugated steel cargo panels on the bed sides; the other type looks like a rollbar, has an angled tube supporting the C Pillar and would have cargo rails made from round tubing bolted on between the C and D Pillars sometimes called a "CIF Truck" (Commanders in Extremis Force, the Counterterrorism Alert Company in each SF BN), this type truck is evident by the paint marks and bolt holes visible in the wheelhouse outside.

I have new sets of GMV Restoration tags being made, the samples due to me in the next day or so, the kit consisting of the "VIN" style M-1025A2 Data Plate, the pentagon-shaped M-1025A2 Sling & Tie Down Data Plate; the Letterkenny Army Depot (LEAD) Overhaul Plate; and square tags for the I-R LIGHTS and AIR/COMP toggle switches on the dash. I also have a local metal shop working up a copy of an original One-Piece GMV C Pillar for the corrugated cargo panels, the tubing cargo rail type C Pillar and the Military Systems Group MilSysGroup.com Assault Cargo Rails will follow later. Another Brother on the Facebook GMV HMMWV Builder Group makes the corrugated steel cargo panels and D Pillars. Greg 86HMW makes copies of the GMV Spare Tire Carrier, the Quick Release LVOSS Smoke Launcher Brackets for the windshield frame; roof handles for the CIF Trucks; and the hood pioneer tool trays.

Hit me up direct, look for us on Fakebook, we have a ton of SMEs in the Group to help orient you towards your objective.

Dave, "Country" contact me direct for the data plate dude we are using, I'm not claiming the artwork etc as an exclusive product.

Attachments

Last edited: