HMMWV helmet top windshield clamps and Dzus spring for doghouse

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Mogman

I just noticed the clamps that attach the helmet top to the windshield are missing, I need a pair or a lead on a civilian equivalent, I found this picture online
I also need a replacement spring for the Dzus fitting in the body that one of the top doghouse Dzus fittings attach to.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mogman

I ended getting these directly from Amntech for about $88 and some change.
I want to thank all that chimed in to help me find these.

Dave2018

Evening,
I picked up some clamps that have like a big wing that u turn to tighten clamp and then fold it over. Have not installed them. Have the name of them around. They come with both parts. Repaired my top but not mounted it yet. Its close to fitting in my garage with the top on it. maybe 1" to spare. Could you maybe measure yours for height at the back sometime and hit me later. I had to fabricate one of the pillars between doors as it was broken off. Came out pretty good in my fiberglass.
thanks
dave 832 670 8394

Mogman

I know the type of clamps you are referring to, might want to reconsider, the factory clamps are rated at 1500# ea. I would hate to see all that work go to waste, $88 is cheap ins.
Will see about that measurement tomorrow.

Dave2018

I contacted amtech for a seal kit and mounting brackets ( corners I think) they wanted 250.00 for each, or about. Never ask about clamps. Could do 88 with them when I get ready to mount it.
Thanks
Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks