• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Insurance help please

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know there is an insurance thread but I’m only interested in getting Hmmwv insured. I just got the big thumbs down from State Farm and I need to do something quick. It took them from Augusta 6th to tell me NO! I would like to hear who you got. I don’t want hagerity only because I want to switch all my stuff to another insurer. I think I read somewhere that Progressive will but I can’t confirm that. Thank you for your help

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know there is an insurance thread but I’m only interested in getting Hmmwv insured. I just got the big thumbs down from State Farm and I need to do something quick. It took them from Augusta 6th to tell me NO! I would like to hear who you got. I don’t want hagerity only because I want to switch all my stuff to another insurer. I think I read somewhere that Progressive will but I can’t confirm that. Thank you for your help
Progressive Commercial

donquijote

Why did state farm say no? I use them and so do two others I know with hmmwv's.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
(Progressive Commercial) sounds expensive?
I think I'm at about $400 a year for my truck, no restrictions.
Combined with my F450 and a small trailer.
Liability only.

I went into my local insurance agent and let them handle it. Normally there is a service charge for it, but because he called progressive and they handled everything over the phone with him, they waved the service charge (would have been like $15 I think)

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why did state farm say no? I use them and so do two others I know with hmmwv's.

I don’t know? They said something about commercial but I had to have another vehicle for commercial. I didn’t really understand it…

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Progressive just said NO because it’s not registered yet… what a shitshow! Can’t get insurance because it’s not registered and can’t register it because I don’t have a title. Even if I had title in hand today I can’t go to DMV because of Chinese virus and you make appointment and that’s 3 months out. I really have zero patience for things that make you shake your head!

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe I’m asking the wrong question here and I should be asking what do you have it registered as? I told them AM General Hummer probably a mistake?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had Gulfway Commercial for all my trucks but I didn't have a HMMWV. No restrictions.
I’m getting the impression that it’s easier to insure a huge truck than a little bitty Humvee… I was reading through the insurance threads and that’s what I came away with

donquijote

Maybe I’m asking the wrong question here and I should be asking what do you have it registered as? I told them AM General Hummer probably a mistake?
I have a couple, but one is listed as "1987 American M Humvee 2D CPE G" which is my 2 door. I was able to get insurance before I even registered mine. Very odd they are not saying why. I took my humvee over to a local office when I did it.

For the Vin I just told them to add a bunch of zero's in front to make it the full 17 digits.

donquijote

Actually it shows different on my bill vs insurance card.. Never noticed that.

My card says "1987 AMERICAN MOTORS Humvee 2D CPE Gas"

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a couple, but one is listed as "1987 American M Humvee 2D CPE G" which is my 2 door. I was able to get insurance before I even registered mine. Very odd they are not saying why. I took my humvee over to a local office when I did it.

For the Vin I just told them to add a bunch of zero's in front to make it the full 17 digits.

Weird how I have to fight and claw for everything that should come easy. I’m trying to get a company to take my money 💰 and they are not interested.. hahaha can’t even make stuff up like this

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure what use you will have for it, but I was able to insure my 5 ton with State Farm as a "Classic Vehicle". They started with the "It's commercial because of the weight" and I calmly spent 3 hours explaining that it was no different than an old Corvette, because I only intended it for shows, camping and parades. They finally were able to underwrite it and I pay ~$90.00 every 6 months which includes roadside assistance and towing... 😁

(And yes, I explained how big the truck is and even drove it up there so they could see it in person and still no issues).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks