• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV M998 Front Bumper Aux. Lights

mil alta

I have seen pictures of Aux. lights mounted in the three holes that are in the front bumper. Saw writings about it. But can't find any definite details on them.
Did the military ever put them in or is this just an after market light.
Does anyone have any information where these lights can be found?
Know the hole is 3 3/8. Searched ebay and google and can't find anything.

NEW FAMILY ADDITION
Any help would be appreciated....2.png8.png

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My guys would mount an IR driving light or two in the 3 holes for the HMMWVs that didnt have brush guards, but they eventually found it easier to add the brushguard then add the lights to the brushguard. This was back in 97-01

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had great success with Rigid LED's, I have the headlamps, side shooters and 6" lights, I attached a pic of what I have and the 4" model
They make them in 4"inch, the lens would probably fit behind three hole bumper

Rigid Industries 360-Series 4 Inch Led Off-Road Drive Beam White Backlight Pair RIGID Industries

Attachments

mil alta

Those are exactly what I'm trying to do.
My questions would be:
Are those ones flush mounted? (little to bright to see)
How many watts?
Does the light strength work for you (bright enough)?
Where did you locate them?
Saw some 3 1/2 flush on ebay but only 24 w each.

Can't see any mention of lights mounted there in any TM so all must be after market

twisted60

I got them on ebay, they were: 2X 3.5inch 18W Round Spot LED Work Driving Light Flush Mount Offroad Truck 6000K
IMG_2090.JPG
Fit in the hole only drilling was for bolts (4)
IMG_0442.JPG
Normal head lights
IMG_0444.JPG
Normal headlights and spot light
IMG_0439.JPG
View down street, headlights and spot lights

Hope this helps, any other questions you can PM me.

diesel dave

I did a similar install. Cops don’t like them. Too bright. Off road or you’d better turn them off for on-coming traffic. Maybe could be wired to turn off with dimmer switch?

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are right about the cops not loving the off road lights, some states have you put a cover on them when on the main road. Having individual switches for the lights is a good call

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You wont find them in a TM. It is technically an unauthorized modification. Not to say it didnt happen all the time, but it wasnt TACOM approved.

Last edited:

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a simple fix to add light switches, use the open space between the a-pillar and dash.

Attachments

mil alta

Thanks guys for all the info.
I also put in a relay so that when my headlights are turned on high the auxiliary lights come on (for driving back roads) and when I dim my lights my aux. lights go off automatically. Then I added a toggle switch that take out the relay so the high low works normal without the aux lights.

thanks again

mreuss222

I have seen pictures of Aux. lights mounted in the three holes that are in the front bumper. Saw writings about it. But can't find any definite details on them.
Did the military ever put them in or is this just an after market light.
Does anyone have any information where these lights can be found?
Know the hole is 3 3/8. Searched ebay and google and can't find anything.

NEW FAMILY ADDITION
Any help would be appreciated....View attachment 819864View attachment 819865
hello I have a off topic question. I am looking for pics of the top you have on your truck but from the inside.
I am wanting to get one and cut it up. To have the hard top part cover just past the c pillar. then make a curtain for the back. so it looks like a hard top with the bed area open.
Do you think you can send some pics ?
thanks
mreuss222@gmail.com

mil alta

hello I have a off topic question. I am looking for pics of the top you have on your truck but from the inside.
I am wanting to get one and cut it up. To have the hard top part cover just past the c pillar. then make a curtain for the back. so it looks like a hard top with the bed area open.
Do you think you can send some pics ?
thanks
mreuss222@gmail.com
no problem do as soon as I can

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks