• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV seat belt lengths?

papakb

I have a problem in my 996 ambulance that the green 3 point seat belts are barely long enough to fasten for an average size person and will not work for a large individual. The nylon section of the seat belt is 100" when extended, this does not include any of the mounting hardware, only the nylon. I have been told that the newer black seat belts are longer, almost 110". Looking in the TMs is almost useless because they don't call out lengths for the different belts listed there.

My question is are these longer seat belts possibly rears versus fronts or are seat belts from upgraded models longer?

Either way, I need to upgrade mine to a set of the longer belts. Please let me know what's available out there.

Thanks

Action

There are long and short pieces that attach to the tunnel; that the belt clicks into.

the piece in this pic....
that would give an extra 3" - 4".
Can you flip one of the b-pillar brackets?

5743860.jpg

Last edited:

papakb

The B pillar gets removed when the ambulance body is dropped onto the truck so I made my own shoulder mounting brackets out of 1/4" aluminum and riveted them to the body. As far as I know there was never a retrofit kit for the 996 and 997 trucks for the 3 point seat belts. I've been told that the newer black belts are longer but I've asked vendors to measure the ones they have and gotten no replies. George told me his black belts are 110" long but he didn't know what their original position was so I don't know what belts to look for and the manuals are no help with lengths. The longer catch assembly would help but if I can find a kit with both the longer latch and belts that would be the best bet.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Part of the MWO is moving the 5/8 bolt mount and backing plate on the inboard mount location from down at the floor to right next to your right butt cheek area...all the kits I’ve installed work fine.they are all over ebay and black webbing

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks