VA HMMWV Soft Slant Back Kits, FINAL PRODUCTION

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Three slant back kits are available for sale (well, technically two more frames are still in construction),

These are the Mk3 of my design, chronicled here in this thread: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/hmmwv-4-man-soft-top-slant-back.171936/

Details:

The price for either of the 1000D Cordura models is $590, plus delivery (FedEx).

The price for the 1650D Ballistic Nylon is $640, plus delivery.

Standard soft slant back contents:
Steel conduit frame, welded and covered with insulating foam, ready for assembly.
Soft slant back cover in 1000D Cordura Nylon or Ballistic Nylon (1650D) with a zippered center panel (no window).
Printed assembly instructions and advice with pictures are also included.

No customization mentioned in the above linked thread is available for the simple reason my shop is broken down now and I don't know when I will set back up.

Color options:
Cordura colors available are OD Green or Desert Tan, as shown. I cannot guarantee color match, but they fade into service well, and fading can be arrested where you like it by using good UV protectant, such as for marine applications. (Staybrite is a good example.)

A paint suitable for plastic/nylon might also be usable, but I do not have extensive experience with this, so it's on you to figure out.

Ballistic Nylon in OD Green is also available, but I don't have a picture handy. I can send you a picture of one with a window, but again this one does not have a window. This is harder to sew, and costs more, so the price reflects that. Also Ballistic is a bit more shiny when new, but it will fade to a more MV-appropriate flat finish in time.

The pictures are of the actual items. Two more frames are being made as time permits. If you commit to buy, I will prioritize completion, of course.

These are final production until such time as I finish moving and set up shop again, but I am not sure I ever will resume making these, at least for now.

If you've been on the fence about getting one of these, well, these may be the last ones.

One soft slant back kit includes, roughly: 3.5 yards of fabric, 20' of Velcro one-wrap for tie downs, 50' of tubing and foam, about 60 yards (!) of double stitched seams and several custom welds on the frame.

These attach using existing hardware and Velcro standard to a soft-top 4-man setup. No additional material should be needed.

If you are local to NOVA, I am happy to assemble and install for you at my home.

Questions welcome, but many are answered in the thread linked above.

Bulldogger

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks