• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV turbo question

2deuce

There is the Banks sidewinder turbo that some have put in their CUCV's. I bought one this weekend in a wrecked Suburban, they are built specifically for the 6.2 engine.

Chief_919

To fit in a HMMWV you need the center mount turbo setup that is used on HMMWV's, GMC/Chevy vans with 6.5's and some set vans and RV's.

To use the center mount Turbo you will need the intake, heads, and exhaust from a 6.5 with the center mount turbo. The angle of the intake mounting studs are different, so they require the heads that are only used with the 6.5,

Banks made an H1 kit, but those are pretty rare. I am pretty sure the pickup kit willl not fir a HMMWV.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look for a 6.5 turbo setup from a van. The turbo is mounted higher than the turck set up. the civi 6.5 hummer and van use the same parts. You will also need the shorter 6.5 injectors to clear the exaust manafold on the passenger side.

TedG

I have many bad 6.5td civi GM engines pulled from hummer H1's. Several are fully dressed. PM me if you are interested in one or all!

Attachments

Rjwilson

I know this is an old thread and this may be a stupid question, but since the intake and exhaust manifolds are the same one the 6.2 and 6.5 (at least thats what ive gathered) then wouldnt an h1/van turbo bolt straight onto one of the exhaust manifolds. Then if need be the rest of the piping and tubing could be custom cut and everything? I'll post a ling to the exact one i'm talking about but it almost looks like it was meant to bolt straight onto a stock em. I have yet to find out if its waste gate is fully mechanical and preset, but it looks promising. http://www.buyautoparts.com/plabuyn...ljEoYfFSsvbQYjjIt5itSlkm5yP10qB19OxoCZ1vw_wcB

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks