• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Holy Cow Batman.... GL HMMWVS

greenjeepster

Who else was watching the overhauled HMMWVs that GL had listed? I can't understand who would pay that kind of money for one. These are still no title, off road use trucks. Unless another defense contractor bought them for export? Even then did they leave any room for profit margin?

After taxes and fees they cost about 82 grand and up. Did the bidders miss that these are not new trucks? They are 2008s with new engines, the rest of it is repainted and unknown mileage. Also they are shelter carriers without the shelter, unless the shelter is added back to it or suspension components removed they can't be driven at all.

first pic sold for $82,684 after fees
Second pic sold for $92,707 after fees

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

tim292stro

I was - these came from BAE, and DID NOT have the DLA "you must agree that you will not drive on-road" release document, they had a less restrictive BAE form - theses were non-DOD vehicle stock.

Sure they were not "new" but as described, they were only driven for PM and garaged the rest of the time so that they could do fitment with the shelter and equipment setup (which they also sold at the same time). I'm actually not surprised at the price. the videos showed less than 10km on the ones I looked at (these were set up with the Arabic daa plates and metric gauges). Probably as close to buying a new military HMMWV as you can get.

PLP

According to the GL lot details.... These vehicles were purchased new from AM general but never put into use, they are not remanufactured they have never left the USA. These were never military vehicles, they were purchased for a contractor for a project that was cancelled. I wonder what these would have cost the contractor when originally built ?

Hummermark

When I went to view them I was told it cost bae $105k from am general that's with no shelter they were bought new not refurb base m1113 is green then external surfaces painted sand.

greenjeepster

The descriptions all stated xx km on engine. I took that to mean that they were overhauls given that they were 7 years old.
They all stated "for off road use" and that a document would be attached to invoice. (User agreement).

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That 97K HMMWV included the shelter with ECU/NBC overpressure and onboard generator. I wonder who purchased that one. Some hobbyists have deep pockets, but :shock:. If I was going to spend that on a wheeled non-armored vehicle it better make me some $$.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was - these came from BAE, and DID NOT have the DLA "you must agree that you will not drive on-road" release document, they had a less restrictive BAE form - theses were non-DOD vehicle stock.
The lots I looked at all said you had to sign an agreement that these vehicles were for "off road use" so not sure where you got that wasn't required.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I wouldn't be surprise if they were "Shill" buyers and the trucks are still owned by BAE.
The auction started low and was around $5K. Then overnight ALL of them went to $59K. Interesting to say the least.

I suspect that overseas bidders ran these up. Or it could have been something less favorable at play. I will eat my hat on this one. I didn't think they'd meet reserve. But I wonder if they'll be relisted....

Hummermark

When I went to see them 4 had been pre auction sold and I watched them go on two tractor trucks was told going to va guy did look happy about his purchase two with fully equipped shelters fitted.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Per the description of one of the lots:

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=9319460

2008 M1113 4x4 HMMWV, s/n 311399, equipped with Metric odometer; has 87 KM on engine, 11,500 lb GVW equipped with 6.5 Liter V8 160 HP Turbo Diesel Engine, Heater/Defroster, Metric Gauges, 200 Amp Alternator. Options Included: Hard Top and 2 Doors; Desert filtration package (Enhanced Air Filter / Tall Exhaust Stack); CARC paint color TAN 686A, FED-STD-595 color number 33446 in accordance with MIL-DTL-64159 (Desert Sand); Air Conditioning 2-Man; Solid Hub Fan Drive; Sealed Dipsticks; Dual Oil Filters; Arabic Data Plates; Manual; Carwell Preservative Spray; Dot 3 Brake Fluid; Underbody Protection; Full Size Spare Tire Mounted on Rim. Has been garaged most of vehicle life, received full PM prior to storage. No road miles, all mileage service related only. Vehicle starts and runs. Sale of this lot is subject to seller confirmation. No Title will be issued, For Off-Road Use Only. Only US-based US citizens may buy military equipment. A buyer assumes full responsibility for obtaining any required documentation and approval for export and any associated taxes or duties. Buyers will be required to show proof if US citizenship. ***ALL WINNING BIDDERS MUST COMPLETE AND RETURN ATTACHED FORM PRIOR TO YOUR ITEM BEING INVOICED*** ***STRICT REMOVAL DATES, ITEM MUST BE REMOVED BETWEEN MAY 12-14**

Here are the prices of all the units. Fees and taxes not included
Auction 21522
HMMWVs
Lot 1 - $66,000
Lot 2 - $ no sale ????
Lot 3 - $ no sale ????
Lot 4 - $65,000
Lot 5 - $66,000
Lot 6 - $73,706
Lot 7 - $66,000
Lot 8 - $63,000
Lot 9 - $ no sale ????
Lot 10 - $66,000
Lot 11 - $61,000
Lot 12 - $65,000
Lot 13 - $74,000
Shelters
Lot 5178 - $8,700
Lot 5179 - $8,700
Shelter Mount kit
Lot 5180 - $1.720

Last edited:

greenjeepster

I suspect that overseas bidders ran these up. Or it could have been something less favorable at play. I will eat my hat on this one. I didn't think they'd meet reserve. But I wonder if they'll be relisted....
They could only be bought by US Citizens located within the USA per the description. Perhaps BAE ran into issues with exportation and that is why they were still state side? If they were exportable I would think that BAE would have exported them as they could likely get more for them from a foreign entity.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I bought them all. I am starting a tour company of down town Cincinnati. I will need some drivers, anyone want a new job?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I bought them all. I am starting a tour company of down town Cincinnati. I will need some drivers, anyone want a new job?
Can you text me when you start the "How do I title my new HMMWVs in Ohio?" thread so I can hit the infraction button? :gimp:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks