• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Home made steering wheel puller

RAYZER

Had a brand new shiney steering wheel that i got with the truck to replace the old cracked up one, of course no matter what i tried i couldnt get the old one off because it was 40 years worth of stuck and a standard wheel puller won't work, so here's what i came up with. materials needed: 2.5" of 1.75" id 3/16" wall pipe , 4 pcs 3/8" x 1.5" x 2" stock. split pipe in half, weld stock to halves keeping everything flat and straight (i clamped peices to a piece of thin sheet metal to weld up) drill holes for 1/4" bolts and shazam, one custom puller. wheel came right off and i feel much better now. hope this might help someone out.:grd:

Attachments

Kohburn

doesn't look like you even needed to weld that up, just use that gearpuller directly on the wheel hub. of course that would mark it up pretty bad, which would be bad if you weren't planning to replace it.

RAYZER

thought about that Kohburn, but the only place you can grab with the claw puller by itself is the bottom of the wheel hub which is plastic and that would flex or break, if you look up underneath the hub you can see that the only solid surface you can pull against is a thin metal flange, thats the reason for custom made apperatis,it butts up to that flange for a solid pull, hope this helps.

RAYZER

Hey tiger, when i bought the truck a couple of months ago, the guy i bought it from had this wheel brand new in the box, sold it to me for $50.00! what a deal right? i dont know where he got it from but ive seen them on ebay for $150.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks