• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HORRIBLE Tire Vender -Alphatread Tucson AZ

firemedic355

First, these guys have their own website, Alphatreadtires.com. but they also do business on eBay under the name trlrcy. They're located in Tucson.

They started by giving me a fair price on some 80% tread 395 Michelins. Upon arrival, they gave me a decent price on some steel Mrap wheels they had laying in a pile. ($68 each)

While they were loading the 395s on my trailer, I paid for the wheels and helped the guys dig them out, find gaskets, and load them (120lbs each!) Even worked out in the heat with the guys trying to find the valve stems to go with them.

Owner showed up and was obnoxious from the start. Renigged on the wheel deal his manager made and I even told me I had to unload them off my trailer. Then he commenced to scold me for his employees and I going through a bucket of old valve stems. He was cursing at me and just being obnoxious. Mind you, I've just paid this guy over $1600 cash for used parts and had a completely pleasant experience there up until then.

Started off a great place, but never never again with that guy! And after asking around, apparently his shenanigans like this are common practice.

I also just discovered I was given a tire with a huge stick through the shoulder and much less tread depth than advertised! It's kinda hard for me to inspect them when they're 218lbs each and loaded with a forklift while I was busy with the wheel, but this is just scandalous! NEVER AGAIN with this place.

Last edited:

firemedic355

That's crazy.
You're telling me! I was beyond pissed and in shock this place is in business! Then to find this bad tire later on just refueled the rage. It's 3 hour round trip there and back!

Of the 6 tires I bought, only 2 were even close to the "80% tread" they sold me, but the price was good enough I was willing to deal with it.

I've been unloading, degreasing and mounting them by hand, so I've been making my way through the stack for over a week and this bad one just conveniently happened to be loaded on the bottom at the very front of the trailer. It only has 64% tread life left!

Now they're giving me the run around on giving me another one or a refund.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems this is becoming a bit of a epidemic lately. There are still many good guys left though that actually do care about there customers.

firemedic355

I just saw their website the other day had it saved as a possible good idea for tires but I don't think that'd be a good idea now!
Yep. PLEASE save yourself the hassle and deal with someone reputable. Besides that, their prices aren't even that great! Their gotcha prices listed seem good, then you realize that for their "70%" tires. 80+90% go up SUBSTANTIALLY. But good luck even getting them to give you the right tread depth anyway!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
After dude had said that I had to remove the wheels from my trailer I would have kindly told him that his arms didn't look too broke to unload them and if he didn't want to unload them himself they were leaving with me. I get along with people real well when I am described in one word by everyone I know personally as an "A******" I probably need to take a trip to meet this guy. Ill make sure to bring my sock puppets and crayons to explain things to him in case he doesn't understand what I tell him. Us southern folks and our funny accents I mean.

firemedic355

After dude had said that I had to remove the wheels from my trailer I would have kindly told him that his arms didn't look too broke to unload them and if he didn't want to unload them himself they were leaving with me. I get along with people real well when I am described in one word by everyone I know personally as an "A******" I probably need to take a trip to meet this guy. Ill make sure to bring my sock puppets and crayons to explain things to him in case he doesn't understand what I tell him. Us southern folks and our funny accents I mean.

Hahaha! Go for it! Unfortunately, I've got wayyy too much to lose with my government job these days, so my options were limited. Had I been 10 years younger..... felonies may have been committed ;-)

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF1450.jpg I was at Idaho Motor Pool a couple weeks ago and Alex had quite a few tires in stock. I know he has gotten thin on 9X20 tires, but he had quite a few other sizes in stock, rims too. New and used.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks