• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hot tub?

Guyfang

Staff member
Yes. In the early 70's, we lined a 5-Ton truck bed with plastic, and went to a lake near Bamberg, Germany. We used a pump to fill the bed with water, and hopped in. After several beers, we decided to go for a ride. One thing led to another, and the driver started using the brake and gas peddle to get the water moving back and forth. This is not something you want to do with kids! When the brakes are applied, the water action is impressive! Slow driving down a potholed road is nice.

Scott z

Yes. In the early 70's, we lined a 5-Ton truck bed with plastic, and went to a lake near Bamberg, Germany. We used a pump to fill the bed with water, and hopped in. After several beers, we decided to go for a ride. One thing led to another, and the driver started using the brake and gas peddle to get the water moving back and forth. This is not something you want to do with kids! When the brakes are applied, the water action is impressive! Slow driving down a potholed road is nice.
Lol! Thanks! It would be stationary for sure.

Scott z

You said hot tub. Are you gonna build a fire under the bed? Just wondering, it is just above freezing here with a cold North wind blowing.
First thought was pool. Temps will be 86 today in Houston but then I started wondering if I could recirculate the water through something to warm it up. (Project for another day)

On a separate note, given bed dimensions of approximately 7.5 X 12 X 1.5. That’s 897 gallons of water at 8.34 pounds per gallon which is 7,480 pounds! Sitting still should be fine but I bet she’s gonna be squatting down a bit. :) Still a bit nervous as to the amount of pressure on the side rails but I think they will hold.

coachgeo

First thought was pool. Temps will be 86 today in Houston but then I started wondering if I could recirculate the water through something to warm it up. (Project for another day)..... Diesel fired military liquid heater...... with a good cage around it so no one gets to close or touches it.
[
Petrol heater burning diesel

Last edited:

Third From Texas

I almost went and got a free hot tub someone had removed from their backyard.

It was one of those above ground jobs that I could just use my crane and set in the M1082 trailer.

I think I will look into one come next winter for the beach.

People get tired of them or upgrade and they are easy to find around here.

:)

Scott z

I almost went and got a free hot tub someone had removed from their backyard.

It was one of those above ground jobs that I could just use my crane and set in the M1082 trailer.

I think I will look into one come next winter for the beach.

People get tired of them or upgrade and they are easy to find around here.

:)
Ok so it worked fine. I initially ran straps across the middle as well as front to back to make sure the side rails wouldn’t bend out but removed em after testing. Pressure wasn’t as much as I thought on the rails.
Took forever to fill up to about 3” from the top. Kids loved it.
Released rear tailgate and it was all gone in a matter of seconds. Fun stuff.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok so it worked fine. I initially ran straps across the middle as well as front to back to make sure the side rails wouldn’t bend out but removed em after testing. Pressure wasn’t as much as I thought on the rails.
Took forever to fill up to about 3” from the top. Kids loved it.
Released rear tailgate and it was all gone in a matter of seconds. Fun stuff.
WOW !

A picture IS worth 1,000 words..... But VIDEO would have been down right SPECTACULAR ! ! !

Where are the kids??? Already washed away in the whitewater???? :jumpin: :jumpin: :jumpin: :driver:

Scott z

WOW !

A picture IS worth 1,000 words..... But VIDEO would have been down right SPECTACULAR ! ! !

Where are the kids??? Already washed away in the whitewater???? :jumpin: :jumpin: :jumpin: :driver:
That was a screenshot of the video. Didn’t see an option to upload a vid. Kids? Well they’re gone now. Poor things but they shoulda known better. I told em I was gonna count to three.

coachgeo

That was a screenshot of the video. Didn’t see an option to upload a vid. Kids? Well they’re gone now. Poor things but they shoulda known better. I told em I was gonna count to three.
lol..... well if they were skinny dippin back thar....... woulda given new meaning to a flash flood.

ps..... if you wana offer vid your stuck with putting it on youtube first then linking to it here.

Scrounger

This was before the time of everyone having cell phone cameras, THANK GOD.

Let us just say there was a group that filled a roll off dumpster with water. A couple of immersion heaters were added for heat. Then an out-board motor was clamped to the side for water circulation, just like a Jacuzzi. And no there wasn’t any shields placed in front of the propeller. It is amazing what youth and inexperience can come up with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks