• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I convert my 10k to run on Natural gas?

ida34

Next gen question. I want to use my 10k as a back up gen for the house. I have heard that some people have converted them to natural gas. I want to convert mine to accept natural gas and still be able to run gasoline. I have looked at a couple of websites and they mostly have kits and instructions for civy gensets. I know I have to put in a nozzle and regulator but where do I get the right size stuff and where do I get instructions for the conversion? Has anyone on SS done the conversion?

Thanks
Chuck

mangus580

I have a converted carb here that was setup for propane. Although... it was setup for ONLY propane (as in not gasoline).

mangus580

Actually kenny, I have seen dual use for 'normal' applications. I suspect one could be made easy enough, by copying one of them.

ida34

Mike,
Where did you get your propane carb? If I had a propane I think it is just a small step to convert to natural gas. I plan on getting a dual kit for my small gen but if I can get the big one to run off the natural gas I will give up my plans on the small one.

mangus580

It came on the generator I had. I took it off when I sold it, as the buyer wanted a gas setup. I am sure it can be modified, as it has a 'main jet' knob on it, to adjust the flow.

I have made a deal for someone to trade me a new carb and fuel pump for it... but I am still waiting ;-) nudge nudge...

I will see if I can get you the name of the place that did the coversion, they are out of CT.

peyton

ida34 said:
Next gen question. I want to use my 10k as a back up gen for the house. I have heard that some people have converted them to natural gas. I want to convert mine to accept natural gas and still be able to run gasoline. I have looked at a couple of websites and they mostly have kits and instructions for civy gensets. I know I have to put in a nozzle and regulator but where do I get the right size stuff and where do I get instructions for the conversion? Has anyone on SS done the conversion?

Thanks
Chuck
You might want to talk to Rob Moulden of Moulden Supply Company at 800-221-8467. He is active in the generator fora at www.smokstak.com. Please let us know what you find out.

Peyton

ida34

RE: Re: How do I convert my 10k to run on Natural gas?

I was looking over a website and it seems the propane needs a regulator for high pressure LP and it is not needed for low pressure LP or natural gas. I also found a place that makes an adaptor plate that allows you to run on gasoline or natural gas. The plate sandwiches next to the carb.

Mike,
If the deal falls through let me know.

ida34

RE: Re: How do I convert my 10k to run on Natural gas?

Thanks for the link Ken. I was looking at the same site but never found that page. I find the site kind of hard to navigate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks