• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How long does it take to get the SF97?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moved to the SF-97 Forum where it belongs with the hundreds of other simular questions.

The answer is : it depends

Did you order an SF-97? (they don't automaticly send them). First timer? Repeat customer? How many people are on vacation? Employees on furlough?

It can take anywhere from a few days to 6 months like my first one 5 years ago. No one has the majic answer.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It can take anywhere from a few days to 6 months like my first one 5 years ago. No one has the majic answer.
What he said.

One thing that will slow down the process is if you have moved around a lot in the last few years. This causes extra work for the people at Battle Creek and we all know how much goberment employees like extra work.

The process has been speeded up somewhat but if you are a new buyer and have issues that raise a flag it can take a while.

You have to apply for the SF-97 through GL (there are directions and forms on the site) and it costs about 90 bucks.

The SF-97 is not a title (even if it says it is), you will have to take it to your local DMV and get a title in your name before you can register it. You cannot sign the SF-97 over to a buyer. If you do you will cause the buyer and youself a lot of grief. Your milage may vary.

lstmate

When I did mine last week GL said they can take up to 30 days but that right now they are running about 20 days.

What I was told anyways...... I say take it with a grain of salt.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL is pretty good about taking the money, so if it's been more than a week since you made the application, I'd get on the horn and check up to make sure they received your application.

Rick

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The sf-97 is already reassigned. The gov sells the truck to GL. And for a stupid low price. It would be more cost effective to sell everything by weight for scrap metal. GL takes the sf-97 and makes a bill of sale transferring the sf-97 to you the buyer. Any dmv that accepts the sf-97 with the first reassignment by GL should not care how many times it is reassigned after that as long as the paperwork trail is in order. In CT as long as you have q1 forms filled out showing the transfer between buyers you are good to go. NY likes to give you a hard time over everything.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The sf-97 is already reassigned. The gov sells the truck to GL. And for a stupid low price. It would be more cost effective to sell everything by weight for scrap metal. GL takes the sf-97 and makes a bill of sale transferring the sf-97 to you the buyer. Any dmv that accepts the sf-97 with the first reassignment by GL should not care how many times it is reassigned after that as long as the paperwork trail is in order. In CT as long as you have q1 forms filled out showing the transfer between buyers you are good to go. NY likes to give you a hard time over everything.
That may be the case in CT , but the majority of the other states consider it title jumping unless you are a licensed dealer . Most states require a title tranfer between each sale along with sales tax collected .

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put in for a SF97 on 05/13 and got it today. (05/25) The DLA issued it on the 15th and it was signed by the GL guy on the 22nd. 12 days, 9 business days - pretty good, I think.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks