• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many M715's are there?

txdodge43man

I would say thats like asking how many M35's are out there. So many M715 went to the forestry service and different fire departments also to the Korean army and other country's. M715 still pop up every now and then in Government actions there is really no telling. Plus Off roaders also loved them for the axles. My dad picked up a M725 about three or four years ago that was still being used by a government agency.

AaronW

Maybe a high ranking law enforcment type could find out. A few months ago, here in Wa, a police officer was murdered by a man driving a white Datsun B210. Within hours all the local news outlets were reporting that only 5 white 210's were on current record in the entire state.

On a side note.....datsunaholic was NOT the shooter! I met him this past weekend at a rally. Seems like a great guy!:p

Check out www.M715zone.com . They maintain a great registry.

Last edited:

datsunaholic

You could find out how many are registered, either on regular registration or collector(historic/antique/etc) plates, but that won't show how many were on municipal "Exempt" plates, as they aren't "in the system". My CUCV's VIN wasn't in the computer even though it had municipal plates for over 10 years. And the Historical plates won't be a true number if someone destroyed one and never reported it, as most historical plates aren't renewed year-to-year.

According to my Datsun support group, everyone who had a '80-82 210 was getting a visit from Law enforcement while the search was going on. I know a lady who has one of the "4 white 210s". As it turned out the car was registered as being Blue, as that's what color it was before the shooter repainted it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
you would only rate that truck at 3/4? There has got to be at least one straight piece of sheetmetal on there somewhere:wink:
Well, the engine was reassigned and doing a great job and the other 1/4 is the rust that keeps falling off....:mrgreen:

fkowalski1942

Hello
Here in Brazil i know about 10 fully restored condition, i know more 5/10 in bad condition/dissassembled/destroyed/crashed, i´ll provide pictures later.

Thanks in advanced

Barrman

They tried to get a count over on the 715 Zone. I think they are up to 800 or so report serial numbers now. Not all 715 owners go there, have a computer or care. I would guess about 10-20% of the original production are still around in civilian hands.

major519

I read somewhere that the survival rate of motor vehicles is somehwere in the 15 to 25% area.
Several years ago when I had my M37, I read somehwere that of all the M37s ever made, there was a conservative estimate that concluded that more than 50% of them still survived. That was less than 10 years ago.
What I find interesting is that the M715 is still held by some rural fire departments and forestry/government services. Amazing considering the age of these trucks and especially in todays world of replacement with newer and more modern vehicles.
Maybe in the United States this is more the rule than the exception but here in Canada I can guarantee that antything older than 10 years in government service is sold, scrapped or otherwise disposed of. They like to spend my money. MV milsurp is becoming a dying breed.

MJCougler

Metexaco,

Your M725 "page" has a picture of an M725 with a plywood door between the front and the back. Mine also has a plywood door. Was that how they came from the factory?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M725 had a plywood door, as far as I can tell it's factory. The manual showed an identical door, I see no reason to believe it's not the real deal.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks