• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much space do I need in front of my truck to flip the cab?

ramdough

Have my truck in the shop. Need to clear behind it so I can back up and flip the cab. Gonna do a bunch of stuff and don’t want to move it until I am done.

How much space from the front bumper to the shop door do I need to clear the cab when flipping it up?

My cab latch is leaking bad, so I only want to do this once before it is rebuilt (and other things too).

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19Detail

It looks like it is 40". The rope in the picture is taped to the roof and goes over the center marker light. I took the measurement from the center face of the bumper to the rope. The second picture shows you that my cab may not extend all the way or in the same way that yours does. I don't know how much that would add to the distance and I wanted you to know how much faith you wanted to put in the 40" measurement. You could also measure from the top of the bumper to the top of the cab and that would be the absolute max (measured from the pivot point). Let me know if you need anything else measured.
20200609_135905[1].jpg20200609_135703[1].jpg

ramdough

It looks like it is 40". The rope in the picture is taped to the roof and goes over the center marker light. I took the measurement from the center face of the bumper to the rope. The second picture shows you that my cab may not extend all the way or in the same way that yours does. I don't know how much that would add to the distance and I wanted you to know how much faith you wanted to put in the 40" measurement. You could also measure from the top of the bumper to the top of the cab and that would be the absolute max (measured from the pivot point). Let me know if you need anything else measured.
View attachment 802661View attachment 802662
Thanks! My latch is leaking enough that I only want to do this once..... and I am doing the hood liner at the same time.

Wanted to make sure if I stopped midway through the seals, I could walk away and close the garage door....

19Detail

Thanks! My latch is leaking enough that I only want to do this once..... and I am doing the hood liner at the same time.

Wanted to make sure if I stopped midway through the seals, I could walk away and close the garage door....

I guess that is one way to do it. Me, I would have tilted the cab and THEN asked if I could still close the door....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks