• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to test this Niehoff alternator 570 amps 28VDC 76761-N1609 & -N3240 regulator

How to test this Niehoff alternator 570 amps 28VDC 76761-N1609 & -N3240 regulator

I could not find much info on this unit other than its one of the biggest ones they make. I have some water rights on an old hydro mill and would like to play with this a little bit. Does anyone have any wiring info on it? Thanks! It would be fun to find the optimum RPM range and see how well it would do charging a small battery bank.

alt1.jpgalt4.JPGalt5.jpg

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Some of them will make power spun in either direction. Niehoff has a lot of info available on their site. You may have to look up the regulator separate from the alternator.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IIRC some of these were dual voltage and used on the HMMWV. Is there an NSN on it? Might could look for a TM on it!

Edit; NSN is 2920015669918 and was used on an MRAP. Single voltage unit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks