• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how wide is the hmmwv?

DeuceNewb

I have looked, but I've seen 85" and 86" from sidewall to sidewall. My trailer is exactly 85" between the fenders, and if the hmmwv is 86 then it's gonna mess up the fenders when I pick it up and I'd rather not do that. Trying to figure out if I should get another trailer or not.

gsp45

Do a search on this site. That subject has been rode hard and worn out. You might even find it quite humorous on some creative ways to transport Humvee's.

Same here on the trailer fender width. Load it up, the tire sidewalls will flex before the fenders. Get it home and perform your maintenance for mud season is upon us!

Bobert

I'm using a 82" wide trailer between the fenders. I'll let you know how that works out, I might have to butter them up. 85" will have room to spare!

tage

I agree with gsp. ^^^
Allot of funny scheisse some have done to pick up a hmmwv. My favorite is hmmwv inside uhual.

Here's mine from the shipper. Kid used a gen 1 Cummins as tow rig.

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We rented a U-Haul trailer that had one fender that folds out. Made it easy to load the HMMWV.
I got schooled on uhaul when we got ours. They actually have 3 different ones in their fleet. Without stating all the facts on the "jeep" I was picking up, I told the guy it had wide mud tires & rims. He told me I got you the newest one which is the widest. They are silver with the fold out fender. Earlier ones are orange and I am not sure if the fender folds out on those.

DanM7890

tire to tire is 84", and my 18' car trailer is 82" between the fenders and it squeals while being loaded but all works fine.

gsp45

Yes! and the winner is............Humvee inside a Uhaul. Not recommended, but he gets the creativity award hands down.

cwc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was a little concerned going to get my M1038, with 83.75 inches between the trailer fenders. I would say it was good that it could be started and driven on because there was some squealing, and I imagine there would be some resistance winching it on by hand. It is still on the trailer so I shot some pictures in case that helps anybody...

83.75 between fenders.jpgDodge 1500 and M1038.jpgLeft tire interference.jpgLeft tire rub pattern.jpgRight tire interference.jpgRight tire rub pattern.jpg

The old Dodge 1500 with gas 360 pulled it OK, 555 miles over the Appalachian mountains.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks