• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hub flip question

KE5AFU

I flipped my hubs last week, but noticed that one of the tires wasn't sitting flush with the hub, further inspection revealed that the one hub has a spacer that was not allowing the adapter plate to slide all the way flush. It appears these "spacer" plates are supposed to be on the rear instead. I've looked through the TM's and looked online for hub flip instructions but I don't see anyone mentioning this part. Pictures are attached, does anyone have any more information on this part?

Thanks,

- Matt

20170610_123304.jpg Hub with issues and "Spacer" attached
20170610_124307.jpg Other hub with no issues
20170610_125156.jpg"Spacer"
20170610_125203.jpg"Spacer"
20170610_130223.jpgBack portion of hub with no issues and what appears to be the "spacer"
20170610_130229.jpgBack portion of the hub with issues and missing "spacer"

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I've done 12 hub flips and many tear downs too. I really don't recall seeing that spacer. Interesting.
My thoughts exactly .

I sold him the wheels and offered to help with the hub flip. He's into it without me, but texted me the above pictures today, and I have NO IDEA.

I watch this thread with interest to learn just what it is ...

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Every Deuce has four of those "spacers" - unless they fell off when flipping the rear hubs...:)

Actually, that is a cup which comes spot-welded to the drum center disc. One can clearly see the 4 weld spots in picture #4.

Only once did I find one that had separated. It's very rare that this happens, really.

To fix it I would drill out those welds and MIG-weld to the disc, after carefully aligning both parts and bolting them together.
Or get another drum assembly.

G.

Attachments

Last edited:

KE5AFU

Thank you!

Every Deuce has four of those "spacers" - unless they fell off when flipping the rear hubs...:)

Actually, that is a cup which comes spot-welded to the drum center disc. One can clearly see the 4 weld spots in picture #4.

Only once did I find one that had separated. It's very rare that this happens, really.

To fix it I would drill out those welds and MIG-weld to the disc, after carefully aligning both parts and bolting them together.
Or get another drum assembly.

G.

Barrman

Oh, that. I went and looked at some backing plates just to check. Yep, they are there but not supposed to be loose. Good call n what they are.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks