• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hummwv wheels on a m1009

tjmilitary

I was thinking about putting the 16.5 hummwv wheels no my m1009 but wasent sure how to go about it. Has anyone done this and can help me out? Or is there an adapter plate you can buy to go from one bolt pattern to the other?

Westech

CPL
well with a adapter plate I would think that wheel would stick out a mile. your better off getting a set of 6 lug 16.5 steel rims. I know there out there I have seen them first hand. Or you can swap axles.

Croatan_Kid

Actually, if you put a 2" spacer/adapter all around the wheels would have 5" backspacing and would only stick out an inch more than stock wheels :D

CCATLETT1984

you cant do the simple spacer with the blazer axles.

you'd be better off paying a shop to weld 6lug centers into the rims.

or getting 8lug hubs for the front axle and swapping the rear axle for an 8lug model.

vinny-socom1

I know its an old thread figured I'd post since there was a bump. I ran wheel adapters on mine, swapped to 1ton axles now. I have the adapters for sale in the classifieds.

Vinny

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How does the larger tire effect the overall speed?

Top speed? Handling? I've got 16" tires on my M1028A2 and they handle well on that truck. Not sure what it will do to the Blazer's mpg and sluggish performance.

Now if you swap in the M1008 axles with the 4.56 gears, THAT will definitely effect all of the above.

digitaldust

Or you could just get 17 inch rims or 16 inch rims from newer GM trucks 6 Lug and cut 1/2 inch out from the center , tires will be cheaper later on too as 14 ,15 ,16 are going away

topgun217

I understand the 14. but 15 & 16 too? I seen an 18 " have a blow out, what a mess. The poor guy had to wait for the tire store to open up the next day and then they had to order a new wheel as when the tire blew, it bent the rim as well.

ssdvc

But are the newer 16 and 17 inch rims the proper offset for an M1009 ?? I would go that route but from what I read, the newer rims don't have the proper offset.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks