• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee 2 piece run flat installation?

drivebymashing

I've read a ton of posts and watched videos on removing run flats. I have not seen anything on how to assemble . I know where the o ring and two pieces of wheel goes. 20180613_063755.jpg
Where does this go? Forgive me I was never in the military. I've never owned or worked on anything with a 2 piece wheel before. Thanks! !

suzukovich

I've read a ton of posts and watched videos on removing run flats. I have not seen anything on how to assemble . I know where the o ring and two pieces of wheel goes. View attachment 731570
Where does this go? Forgive me I was never in the military. I've never owned or worked on anything with a 2 piece wheel before. Thanks! !
Inside the tire with arrow facing down. Your also going to need something to compress the runflat donut to get it in the tire. Unless you have a real need for it. I would use the PVC beadlock insert and get a spare.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

Action

From memory, that piece goes on only one side of the bigger part. One side of the bigger part has a lip. That lip hits the tire. The thin ring goes on the other side.

Action

NOTE
• Ensure longer lip of runflat faces inner rim of tire.
• Ensure square cut edge of runflat spacer butts up against flat
side of runflat.
11. Install flat spacer (5) inside tire (1) and position on valve side of tire (1).
detailed instructions are in TM 9-2320-280-20-2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks