• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee missing data plate

ksoto033

I just win a humvee on govplanet. On description the day i bought it says missing data plate and there was a picture of it, 1 week later the pic is missing from the add, and does not says from no where about it. My EUC has not being approved yet, how they now the serial number.? And how could affect at thi time of getting a title for it.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I just win a humvee on govplanet. On description the day i bought it says missing data plate and there was a picture of it, 1 week later the pic is missing from the add, and does not says from no where about it. My EUC has not being approved yet, how they now the serial number.? And how could affect at thi time of getting a title for it.
The data plate picture is ALWAYS removed after the auction. This is so that someone can't take your vin and claim your truck as theirs.

In TN I only need 4 pics of the truck and 1 of the data plate and a notarized bill of sale and I can get a title for the truck tomorrow without an EUC

ksoto033

Thanks for your fast response, the thing is, my trucks plate was missing from the truck, it was removed and they stated on the report. ????

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If none is specified, I am unsure what they will do since it is a vehicle. I would think they will still issue an SF-97 without a VIN (specified as UNK for unknown). I have gotten trailers marked as such in the distant past, but never with a vehicle. From there, I am unsure what you would have to do to get a VIN. I have heard that sometimes there are tags underneath with the VIN on them. I have never seen one, but I heard this from a bigger HMMWV dealer who said he has seen a few trucks with VIN tags on them. I would not plan on finding one. You may have to go the salvage route where a VIN is assigned by your state.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should have added that the VIN tags were metal tags hanging from the suspension in the front attached by a thin metal wire. As I said, I have never seen one. I am only reporting what I was told by a guy I trust. With that said, I am unsure if those came from the factory or possibly at some point during a repair.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks