• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee slantback & hardtop questions

erasedhammer

Anyone know where to find the last remaining slantback kits?

If I decide to setup my vehicle in a GMV config, where would I find that special forces GMV C pillar for the turret roof?

Has anyone ever done a GMV setup? and if so what did you use as a divider between the cab and the now exposed bed?

Any word on more slantback parts coming into the civi market? They are obnoxiously expensive and I can only think that's because there are so few left.

Where do humvees go to die? I heard that nowadays the ones being sent to scrap yards are mutilated beyond usability, but where are these scrap yards. I see some pictures online of partially broken humvees that look like they have some good parts still on them and the vehicle appears to be in a scrap yard? I only ask because the prices are ridiculous and I'm not ready to drop the value of the vehicle on a flat piece of steel that I can have a third party manufacture for a quarter of the cost.

BLK HMMWV

I would suggest sending a PM to 86 humv here on the boards or Retired War horse.
What you are searching for is expensive.
No body is going to give you the location of their gold mine (aka the scrap yard)
You can get the parts you seek new from MAC Motors probably but you definitely won't like the price.
Most people acquire the parts over time via e bay or here on this board or over on the G503 board.

Start saving.

Lawdog734

I've got to agree with Blk Hmmwv here. Just because YOU think the prices are ridiculous really means nothing. The market has dictated what the price is on the components you seek - the supply is limited and demand is high. The situation isn't likely to get better, therefore the pricing is rather high. Considering that a full slantback kit with X doors adds about $10k or better to the value of the vehicle, you can see why prices are what they are. Since GMV parts are even more scarce, I'd expect a full kit to be as expensive, if not more.

GMVguy

A lot of wisdom being spoken here. And I can vouch for 86hmmwv and Retiredwarhorses - great guys to deal with. I couldn't have built this without them.
IMG_0582.jpg

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one saving grace on a GMV is that you don't need to spend the money buying 2 sponsons, trear hatch, all the related hardware and time spent installing it all. Instead, you can "IMO" fabricate or find just the C-pillar support.
so effectively you have to buy 2/3 of a slantback kit, but the turret support is the most sought after piece, then comes the turret bearing and windshield frame.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks